A Thousand Years

New Year's Eve: 31st December 2012

Aisha’s POV

“Here I am, face to face with a situation I never thought I’d ever see it’s strange, how a dress can take a mess and make her nothing less than…beautiful to me!”

 As I dance around our little apartment kitchen, I had Granger Danger on full blast, smiling as I make some rice and other dishes to go with it. It was my turn to cook and this is one of Annie’s favourite dishes so I thought, why not?

 When we first moved in together properly, (we were room-mates at uni)  when we left university together two years ago, we got into the routine of taking it in turns to cook, meaning that she has tried all of the Indian dishes that I know how to make.

 She tells me that what I’m making now is one of her favourite dishes every time I make it for her, so I thought I should as she was getting back from her parents at 11am. Which was in 10 minutes, but I knew the meal would be ready for 12.

 We said that we would spend Christmas with our families and New Year together. That’s how it always has been, but this year, Darren’s invited me to go with him to spend New Year with the Starkid’s. He told me that they had a nice park that they went to every year for New Year. Not many people would be there, but they did awesome fireworks and it was really nice apparently. I asked him if Annie could come too and he said it was fine.

 I can’t wait to see her reaction; it is going to be EPIC!

 Speak of the devil; Annie walks in early, pulling in her small suitcase behind her.

 “She is the HOTTEST girl I’ve ever seen! Now because she’s like a girl I’ve never seen, don’t know why, I’d ever be soo mean!”

 I sing along to Lauren’s voice at the top of my voice, waving my hands towards Annie. She smiles and curtseys once she’s through the door, pretending she’s famous and being serenaded.

 I laugh as the verse finishes and Lauren goes into the “falling in loves.” I run round and meet her at the door, hugging her tightly.

 Then I let go and return to the kitchen, covering what I’m making to keep it a surprise.

 “Go unpack, and you’re not allowed back in here till 12, because that’s when this will be ready.”

 I shoo her away before going back to my dancing. I sing along to the last verse, switching between parts when they sing together. At the end it goes:

 “I’m falling in love, falling in love, falling in love; I could be falling in love, falling in love, falling in love with…”

 The only face I could see was Darren’s as I sing these words and at the end I whisper:

 “Falling in love with Darren Criss,”

 I stop what I’m doing as I smile at the thought.

 It’s true. I’m in love with Darren.

  I carry on cooking, sorting everything out as I keep on smiling a big, goofy grin.

 Darren’s POV

 “Hey, are you guys ready to go?”

 I arrive at Aisha and Annie’s apartment to have it opened by Annie.

 “Yeah, just a sec, I’ll go get Aisha. Come in!” She turns and walks over to Aisha’s door, knocks once before walking inside.

 “Are you ready?” She asks.