You're Never fully Dressed Without a Smile

2 week later:

Aisha’s POV

“GET UP!!!!” Annie pulls my sheet off of me and sprinkles water on my face until I open my eyes.

“What?” I ask, annoyed that she had woken me up.

“You’re Glee call back’s today!” She is waaay to cheery for 7:00 am on a Monday. “I have sorted out your clothes and your breakfast is on the kitchen counter.” She says pushing me toward the bathroom as I had finally got up and out of bed. “Shower, now. You’re clothes are in there, ready for you.”

“Thanks, but you didn’t have to do all this!” She seems more excited about today then I was.

“Just go! I’m driving you; I’ve taken the day of work to support you so just be happy!” She tells me.

I just walk over to her and gave her a hug.

“You are the best friend from Heaven, you know that?” I tell her.

 She hugs me back for a moment before pushing me away. “There’s no need to go teary eyed on me! Shower first at least!” She laughs, pushing me into my little en suite bathroom. Annie was never good with expressing feelings. That’s what made her so easy to be around, she was also so optimistic.

 Darren’s POV

So the week before, I had got this really weird message from someone called Annie. All they said was to be at the lobby of Aisha’s apartment building on the morning of the call-backs, and that was it. So here I am.

 Suddenly, a short girl with dark brown hair was rushing towards me. At first I thought she was a fan and smiled a little warily. But she stops right in front of me and says: “I’m Annie.”

She smiles at my puzzled expression and then explains: “I’m Aisha’s room-mate and best friend. I know how much of a fan she is of you and Starkid and everything and her birthday’s coming up and I haven’t done anything for her in AGES, so I thought it would be nice if I asked you to help me in surprising her and it would be really nice if you said yes,” She says this all in one big rush that I barely get it all.

“Alright, calm down!” I tell her, laughing. “What kind of surprise did you have in mind?” I ask her.

“Well, I’m not going to tell you all of it yet,” She smiles as I stick out my bottom lip and furrow my eyebrows together in my much perfected puppy dog face. “But, right now I thought it would be nice if you met her here in a few minutes when she comes down and surprise her. You could maybe walk her to the set for her call-back?”

“I can do that,” I reply. “Where is she now?” I ask.

“She’s up in our apartment, getting ready,” Annie informs me. “I haven’t said a word about anything, and I should really get back up there before she realizes that I’m gone,”

 Wow, she’s REALLY excitable! I can imagine how easy it would be to live around her. No wonder her and Aisha are best friends!

“Darren?” Annie snaps me back to reality. “I’m gonna go back up, just stay here and we’ll be back in about 10 minutes.”

“Ok, that’s fine,” I tell her distantly, already drifting back to my thoughts.

Aisha’s POV

It seems that Annie had made a special trip to vogue.com for my clothes today. I was to wear a designer deep blue shirt that had a slight denim feel to it matched with blue denim shorts, black tights and what looked like ballet pumps. I replace these straight away for my black converse. I DO NOT do ballet pumps.

 I leave my long black hair free about my face and put a little eyeliner on. Once I was done, I unlocked the bathroom door to the sound of our front door opening and what sounded like Annie coming inside.

 “Where were you?” I ask as she walked towards my bedroom.

 “Oh, I just, um, went down to the lobby to, um, check something.” She says without meeting my eyes.

 “Right, well when you’re-“

 “WHERE are your pumps?” She almost shouts, staring at my converse.

 I sigh. “Annie, you know I don’t do ballet pumps,” I tell her.

“Yeah, but I thought today might be different,”

“Why would today be any different?” I ask, raising my eyebrow.

 “Because of the call backs, in fact, have you seen my camera anywhere?” She asks me, changing the subject.

“Oh, do you mean this camera?” I ask, taking it out from behind my back. I knew she would want it so I decided to take it and tease her.

“Why do you have it?” She asks.

“Do you want your camera?” I ask, ignoring her question.

“Yes,” She replies slowly.

“Come and get it then,” I say, squealing as I leap over my bed and into our small hallway. She runs after me, pleading for the camera.

I smile as she catches me in our living room and we both go down on the sofa, where she doesn’t hesitate to tickle me until she manages to grab the camera. Afterwards, we both fall about laughing.

 When we finally calm down, Annie pushes me toward our tiny kitchen where she has set out breakfast for me. “You really didn’t have to do all this!” I say, smiling at her.

“No talking, now eat.” She orders.

After I had eaten my full, Annie pulls me off to her room where she sorts out my hair as it had got messed up during our “fight”. She then tops up my eyeliner and pulls me up so she can inspect her work. She got me to twirl and shushed my every protest.

 Finally, she pulls me out of our apartment and to the elevator. We get downstairs and the elevator doors open. At this point, Annie is literally jumping up and down. “What are you doing?” I ask her, laughing.

“You’ll see,” she replies as we walk towards the main lobby. I look up and my mouth falls open.