Chapter 20

The waitress, Jia, walks over with one Jasmine Tea and one Green Tea. Except she hands my tea to Brad and Brad's tea to me. "Have you decided what you want to eat?"  Jia asks with a warm smile. "Can I have the stir fry please?" I say smiling at her. She scribbles down my order then turns to Brad. "And you?" Jia says. "I'll have the noodles with soya sauce and vegetables." Brad says with a weak smile. Jia writes down Brad's order then walks away into what I presume is the kitchen. As soon as she's out of sight I turn to Brad and look at my tea. He does the same then picks my tea up and hands it to me. My finger tips briefly touch his and electric shocks tingle my body. I then hand him his tea and we smile briefly.

I bring my tea to my lips and smile as the liquid hits my tongue. I place the cup back down on the table and look around awkwardly. "Katie," Brad says interrupting my observing. I place my eyes on his and he looks at me nervously. "Yeah." I say sweetly. "Er, em... nothing. It doesn't matter." He says looking down. "No, tell me." I say trying to meet his gaze. "No, it's nothing." Brad says looking up and leaning back on his chair. "Are you sure?" I ask with a small smirk. "Yeah. I'm sure. It's nothing you need to know." He says returning the gesture. "Okay, if you're sure." I say taking another sip of my choice of drink. "I'm sure."  Brad states.

"Katie, I'm sorry."  Brad says after a while of silence. I know exactly what he's talking about. "Brad please stop apologising. If you want forgiveness then, you've got it."  I say without thinking. Great I've forgiven him, now we're friends I think. "Why would you forgive me? I've hurt you so much."  Brad says looking confused. "Please just be happy with forgiveness."  I say but it comes out rude. I see him pull his head back in shock. "Sorry, I didn't mean it come out like that."  I say pleading. "Look who's apologising now."  Brad smirks. I smile back and take another sip of tea. Brad picks up his cup and takes a very small sip.

A few minutes later Jia comes back and hands me my stir fry and Brad his noodles. She leaves with a small smile and I pick up my fork. I wrap the noodles around my fork and stab a piece of carrot and put them in my mouth. I glance up at Brad and he's just sitting there, staring. "Is your food okay?"  I ask seeing as he isn't eating. "Yeah, it's fine."  He says smiling. "Then why aren't you eating?" I ask not happy with the answer. "Just admiring the beauty." Brad says smirking. I smile back and eat another fork full of stir fry. Brad grabs his fork and tucks into his food, still not taking his eyes off me. I glance up a few times and he catches my eye.

I take my last fork full of stir fry and sip my last bit of Jasmine Tea and lay back on my chair. I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket so I take it out. Before I can check who it is, my phone vibrates again. I check the first text and it's Ellie.

To Me
Where are you??? 😰😰

Oh my god I forgot to leave a note saying I was going out. She seems worried.

To Ellie 💁🏼
Sorry, I forgot to leave a note. I'm out.

I send the text quickly so she doesn't get more worried then she already is.

To Me
Oh thank god. I thought you were dead or something. 😂😂

I laugh a little at the text she sends back.

To Ellie💁🏼
Me dying is very amusing I know. G2g soz bye. Be back soon 😋

I press send and check the other text. It's from James.

To Me
How's it going? Is he still with you?

I text him quickly before Brad notices.