Chapter 16

I sit down whilst the others order what they want. "Katie, what do you fancy?"  Brad says winking. "Em, hot chocolate and marshmallows please."  I say smiling. He smiles back then orders my drink. "Small, medium or large?"  Brad asks again. "Medium please."  I say in reply. Minutes later the boys come over and sit with me, drinks in hand. "There you go."  Brad says handing me my hot chocolate. "Thanks."  I say taking the hot liquid. I take the lid off and see a mountain of marshmallows with chocolate powder sprinkled over them. "You know what this is?"  I say pointing to the cup. I look at all their faces, they look puzzled. "A cup full of diabetes."  I say in reply. They all laugh and I look puzzled. "I'm not joking, is there need to put both marshmallows and chocolate powder."  I say taking a sip, trying not to spill it on the table. "Stop being so picky."  James says. "Says the health freak."  I say smiling at him. "Not funny."  James says in reply. "No it wasn't, it was hilarious."  I say smiling at him again. He smiles back and takes a sip of his drink.

I take the last sip of my hot chocolate and put the cup down on the table. "I'm still hungry."  Connor says frowning. "Well it's a good job that you two are buying us Nando's."  I say looking at Connor and Tristan smiling. We stand up, Brad already paid, and walk out of Starbucks.

"Last to-"  Brad says but I cut him off. "No more races. I don't want Connor having some sort of attack."  I say looking at Connor. "No, it's fine. You guys go, I know my way to Nando's."  Connor says pointing ahead. "I'm out. I can't run right after I've had something to drink."  Tristan says. Brad turns to James and glares at him, mouthing something I couldn't catch. "Oh yeah, I'm out too."  I stare at James with a confused look. "Looks like it's just you and me Brad."  I say smirking. "Last to Nando's buys pizza for everyone else."  Brad says and I sprint.

I turn the corner and hear Brad, or who I assume is Brad, do the same. I turn my head and see Brad only a metre away. I feel a stabbing pain in my arm and slow down. I put my hand in my jeans pocket, hoping I remembered to put my painkillers in my pocket. I sigh realising I forgot them. I hear footsteps right behind me, great now I'm going to have to buy pizza. But he doesn't carry on running, he stops. "What is it?"  Brad asks. I look into his eyes that are full of concern. He genuinely looks worried. "Just my arm. I forgot my pain killers."  I say holding my arm gently.

I feel a warm hand touch my neck and I'm brought forward. I try and step back but I'm stopped by his lips pressing against mine. I'm about to kiss back when he pulls away. "What was that about?"  I ask still looking in his eyes. "I heard that a quick shock can take pain away. Plus, that is something I've wanted to do for a very long time."  Brad says smirking.

Brad's P.O.V

I see Katie stop and hear her sigh. What's happened? I walk up behind her. "What is it?"  I ask. She looks into my eyes. "Just my arm. I forgot my pain killers."  She says holding her arm. Another idea pops into my head. I put my hand on the back of her neck and pull her closer to me. I suddenly press my lips against hers. After a second or two I pull away. "What was that about?"  Katie asks still looking into my eyes. "I heard that a quick shock can take pain away. Plus, that is something I've wanted to do for a very long time."  I say with a smirk painted on my face. "Really, well it didn't work."  She says smirking back. "Maybe I read it wrong. Maybe you need two shocks to get rid of pain."  I say in reply. "Maybe."  Katie says looking into my eyes. She puts her hand to my face and moves it towards my neck bringing me down to kiss her. Our lips connect, moving in sync like two puzzle pieces fitting together perfectly.

My hand moves down to her waist and I press her against me. I've wanted to do this since I saw her again.

Katherine's P.O.V

I put my hand to Brad's face and then move to his neck, bringing him down to my level. Our lips connect again, moving in sync. The kiss with Jack sent a spark in my stomach, but kissing Brad sends a whole fireworks display all around my body. Not just a small fireworks display, one of those ones that you get on bonfire night or New Years Eve. It's a magical feeling. I feel Brad's hand move down to my waist and he presses himself against me.