Chapter 10

2 Weeks Later

Katherine's P.O.V

"Oh my god! I'm so excited!"  I say as Brad and I queue up to enter the Arctic Monkeys concert. We were meeting James, Kirstie, Connor, Luisa, Tristan and Anastasia after the concert for food. In case you were wondering, Brad and I are just friends. "Calm down Katie, you're embarrassing me."  Brad laughs. "Brad, everyone is literally acting the same as me. If anything, you're embarrassing me Mr Simpson."  I laugh back. "Really now."  Brad says with a smile on his face. "Yes."  I say confidently.

We reach the front of the queue and walk into the venue. We walked to our seats and sit down. "I'm not kidding, I'm excited."  I say composing my self. "Stop being a Fangirl and calm down."  Brad says smiling. "You love them just as much as I do. Don't try and hide it."  I say bravely. "True."  Brad says as the lights dim and I hear cheering. They must be coming on.

-

"That was great."  I say walking out of the venue. I squint my eyes from the sun. Yes it was sunny don't sound so surprised about the weather. "I know. Now let's go before we're late."  Brad says looking at his watch. Brad knew where he was going, I hadn't been to the place we were going to eat before. We stopped out side a little restaurant and Brad opened the door for me. We walked in and found where everyone was. I say everyone, James and Kirstie where the only ones there. I hugged each of them before sitting next to Kirstie. "How was the concert?"  James asks both of us. "Amazing, they sang Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High? Which is my favourite song, they also sang R U Mine? Which I also love!" I say grinning.

Brad's P.O.V

I listen to her talking about the concert, her long brown hair flowing down her back and her perfect smile showing every time she mentioned the words Arctic Monkeys. Little does she know I'm still madly in love with her. I told her that the feelings would go away if we stayed friends, but I couldn't guarantee that. And they haven't, if anything they're stronger. I have to tell her how I feel, or she'll never know. Here goes nothing.

"Kat-"  I'm interrupted by a boy, similar age to me, asking what we would like to drink. "Are you ready to order your drinks?"  The boy says. He looks familiar. I don't know where he's from or how I know him, all I know is that I've seen him somewhere. I move forward slightly to see his name tag. Jack. I know a Jack, I went to school with a Jack. He had blonde hair and dark green eyes (above is Jack), much like the guy standing in front of me. He turns slightly, adjusting his head to face me. His face seems a little shocked.

"Br-Brad?"  Jack says, sounding much more like a question rather than a statement. "Jack."  I say. He's confirmed my suspicions. "Brad Simpson, mate I haven't seen you in so long. How've you been?"  Jack asks as I stand up. "Good, good. Mate I haven't seen you since... let me think. I haven't seen you since year 10. How are you?"  I say doing a little handshake thingy. It's a boy thing. "I'm good, you're in a band right?"  Jack says. "Yeah, The Vamps. You work here? I've never seen you in here before."  I say with much confusion. "Yeah, I only started last week. Anyway, I should be working otherwise this would be the shortest job I've ever had."  Jack says as I sit back down. "Erm- are you going to introduce us?"  I hear Katie say. "Er, yeah sorry. Katherine Richards meet Jack Baker, Jack Baker meet Katherine Richards."  I say looking at both of them. "Hi, call me Katie."  Katie says holding her hand out. "Hi Katie."  Jack says looking into Katie's eyes, making me erupt with jealously. "This is Kirstie, and this is James."  I say pointing to Kirstie and James. "Hi, I'm Jack."  Jack says greeting both of them with a handshake.

Where are the other boys. I look down at my watch and notice that they're 10 minutes late. I thought I was always late for things. Just then Con and Luisa, and Tris and Anastasia walk in. Finally. I put my arm up to signal to them to come over. "Hi, you four took your time."  I say standing up and hugging them, individually. "Traffic, anyway that's a bit rich coming from you since you're late to almost everything."  Connor says. "That's true."  I say in defeat. Luisa sits down next to Kirstie, Anastasia sits down next to Katie, Connor sits down next to James and Tristan sits next to me. Everyone is facing their significant other, well, and me and Katie. I just wish I could call her my significant other again.

Katherine's P.O.V

I finish my spaghetti, but I can't stop thinking about Jack. He has the most gorgeous blonde hair and his eyes, even though dark green, are so dreamy. This is what I need to get over Brad. Brad's handsome and all, but Jack is dreamy. His perfect blonde hair with dark streaks and his dark green eyes give me small shivers down my spine. I could imagine his muscular arms wrapping around me in a tight hug. Is it possible to like someone this much, even though you've just met them? It must be because it's happening right now, to me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it's so short, I wrote a long chapter but then it got deleted somehow and I couldn't remember all of what I wrote so I just wrote what I could remember. Seriously though, I love the song Why'd Only Call Me When You're High? And R U Mine? Please say someone else likes Arctic Monkeys. If you like Arctic Monkeys then vote (cheeky 😋).

Please comment/vote it means a lot 😊

Don't forget to follow

Bye x

~Juliet~