Chapter 15 - Gemma

Start from the beginning

A razor.

I took the sharp edge of the razor, and slid it across my wrist. I saw bright red blood, trickling down my arm. Somehow, that made me want to cut more. The wound started to close up, almost immediately after I made the wound.

Slash

I cut myself again and again. There was a nagging voice at the back of my head, telling me to stop. But I ignored it, and continued.

I curled up at the corner and the room and cried.

Why must this happen to us?

Why?

I hated this.

I hated my life.

I just wanted some joy, some happiness.

Was that too much to ask?

I gave up cutting, throwing the razor carelessly on the ground. The tears didn't hesitate to come. They splashed onto the hard, marble ground. I knew this was all so pathetic. I knew that this was exactly the opposite of what I should be doing, for Jace's sake. Yet, I didn't stop.

I closed my eyes, and leaned my head back, willing myself to go to sleep for a while. To escape the misery that is my life, just for a while. But no sooner had I closed my eyes, than I heard a tremendous roar. It wasn't really a roar though. It was more of a roar and a growl fused together. In other words, it was utterly terrifying.

My eyes snapped open. There was a man, standing in front of me. One that I never expected to see so soon. I felt my breath hitch in my throat, as I came to recognize him. Without a single doubt in my mind, I knew it was Jace.

The very first thought that came to my mind, was that he had seen me in this state - with the razor on the ground, scars embedded on my wrists, and my tear streamed face. Every part of it was true, and I knew now the reason for his roar/growl.

I huddled closet together against the wall, as if I would just disappear from sight, just by doing that. Naturally, I didn't.

"WHAT. ARE YOU DOING?" In the menacing way he said it, it sounded more like an order, than a question. I didn't answer him, instead whimpered in fear. He repeated his question again. To me, it was a rhetorical question, because he already knew what I was doing. It was obvious.

"You...you know." I stuttered. My voice, so soft, it was almost like a whisper. Tears filled my eyes. If anything, I didn't like to talk about my... issues. His eyes softened considerably when he saw me crying.

"Why, Brooke, why?" He asked me.

I hesitated before replying him, "Be... because you were going to die, and... and your wolf too."

"You still shouldn't be doing this. Stop, please. I - " He stopped mid sentence, then frowned, deep in thought.

"What is it Jace? Tell me."

"My wolf is dying?" He seemed so confused, and I felt the need to explain.

"The doctor said that it's a side effect of my wolf dying, and also because your wolf got hurt during the .... Jace what are you doing?" I was looking at Jace, but he wasn't looking at me anymore. He crouched on the ground, on all fours.

Trying to see if I can shift to my wolf." He said, then tried to shift.

Key word, tried.

It didn't work. He stayed human. I could feel my heart beat faster and faster. It couldn't be. No, this can't be happening.

He stood up suddenly, and called his beta. Cayden came in the room, looking as confused as ever. "You called?" He asked Jace.

"My wolf is gone. I think it's Gemma."

Cayden gasped.

I didn't know what was going on, but I wanted to find out.

Who is Gemma? What does she have to do with Jace's wolf?

--------------------

Another chapter :))

Do you like it?

I hope you did...

Oh, I have a week of holiday now. I'll try to upload a chapter or two, but I'll be kinda busy this whole week, so don't scold me if the updates are a little slow.

It's my birthday soon... so vote maybe?

Comment, and Fan too :)

I love you all

~Claudia xx

P.S. Oh yeah, I just hit 250 votes! Thanks so much guys! It means a lot :)