Chapter Eight ~ Screwdriver

Several days passed as Jack had to recover. There wasn't much activity from Stephanie and Thomas now, and I assume they were pleased with what they had done. Jack was also mentally damaged, he was always tired and sad, his normal, bubbly attitude gone

Jack could just walk now, on the fourth day, and we continued our search for a screwdriver to pass time.

On the sixth day, after we were almost done with the boxes, Jack cheered loudly.

"What is it?" I chimed, happy to see him smiling. I walked over to his box as he reached into it and revealed an old screwdriver. The handle was a rusted red, but the metal was fine.

"Oh my god, you're brilliant!" I cheered, almost full-on jumping into him as I wrapped him in a hug. I felt him hesitate before putting a hand on my waist and one on my shoulder. I pulled back a little so I could look at him, and found him already staring at me.

His face, although bruised and cut, was still beautiful to me no matter what. I stared into his sky colored eyes and felt a tingle of 'fangirl' as he looked down at my lips and back at me.

"Um... heh... would you let me, you know...?" He said, and I smiled. He was too kind for his own good.

"Of course, Jack." I said, and he slowly drew me closer to him.

Do you know what it feels like to kiss your favorite Youtuber?

Because now I do. And it's fucking brilliant.