Chapter Three ~ Black and Blue and Blood

I felt the knife hurt more every single time. I cringed at the way she snickered as she watched me recover from a blow to the head from a baseball bat. Thomas enjoyed half-drowning me in the water. I felt myself choke and splutter as tears feel down my face and mixed with the murky water.

Sean was screaming to begin with. He screamed and screamed and screamed until they gagged him. Occasionally, I had the chance to glance at him. His gag of material was damped by tears and his muffled voice crossed half the distance between us before evaporating into the air. I didn't like seeing him this way. He was purely terrified for my life and his own.

They knocked me out before leaving. I awoke to see Sean's face above mine, his eyes puffy from crying and marks on his cheeks from the gag that was too tight. I had tried to sit up three times, each of which cause me to buckle backward onto the floor. Sean had been taking care of me, ripping parts of random cloth up from the basement and fixing up my wounds the best he could.

He ended up holding my hand and sitting with me for a while, as I continued to jump between consciousness. I heard him singing at one point, and I felt a fan girl shiver go up my spine as his melodic voice filled my ears.

As I feel asleep, content, I saw him lay down beside me as well, passing out from the horrible day of torture that was put on him mentally.

Sleep. It was one of the many things I couldn't fight right now. Even myself.