"Syler, are you ok?" She asked him, and Syler nodded and brought his bowl to the table. He sat down and began to feel the lack of sleep eat at him and his energy. He started eating the cereal in hopes that it would help him throughout the day.

He had finished half of the bowl but then the image of the intestines and the maggots came back to him, and he felt his stomach drop, and he began to feel sick and he couldn't continue. He placed the unfinished bowl into the sink and went into the living room to put his shoes on. Jess ran from the hallway, still in her pajamas. She seemed panicked to Syler, or just excited. He had trouble telling the difference with her.
"Mom! Mom!." She said. His mom was startled by the outburst, and the haste at which Jess had entered the room with

"What's wrong, and why aren't you ready?" She asked, and Jess stopped and caught her breath.

"I'm sick." She said and his mom sighed.

"How come you ran in here in such a haste? If you were sick, you'd not have energy to do so." His mom observed. Jess shrugged.

"I threw up earlier. It's infecting my room. I don't know if I'll throw up again, but hey, I might." Jess said, and his mom sighed, defeated and very much annoyed that she had to clean up puke from the floor.

"I'll call the school. Make sure you rest and keep a trash can nearby, I refuse to clean up anymore vomit from the floor after this. Don't forget to drink water as well." His mom explained to Jess, and she stood there for a little, trying to stay comfortable. She definitely looked sick to Syler, but he was never the best judge of that.

"You wanna clean up the vomit on the floor?" Jess asked, and his mom grumbled some profanities, rolled her eyes, and grabbed the mop. She made her way into Jess's room. Ranting as she was going, to Jess.
"I'll clean it up if you promise to use a trash can from now on." She bargained, and Jess nodded.

"I promise. Ok. I promise, just please clean it, it smells like hell in there." Jess begged.

Syler had stepped outside and he heard the bus coming around the corner. The air was finally warm and Syler was very much grateful for it, as the cold was something very unwelcome to him. The shadows became worse in the cold, he had noticed. The sky grew darker faster which gave the shadows more time to haunt Syler, or at least lurk his room. Syler boarded the bus and sat in the back seat, and then he pulled out the book he had to read for English while he waited for Zane. He got on later and acknowledged that Syler needed the silence for a little bit, as he seemed invested in the book, or at least determined to finish it. Syler ended up reading the whole ride and when the two got off he finally acknowledged that Zane was beside him.

"Sorry. I didn't get a chance to read that earlier, but honors English, y'know. I don't do enough in that class anyway." Syler apologized to Zane and explained himself. The two walked toward the school building, and when they got inside Syler was very startled by the loud yelling that came from the crowd by the bathrooms. Zane grabbed his sleeve so Syler wouldn't startle more than he already felt that Syler was. He knew that Syler didn't take kindly to loud noises or chaotic places.

"It's only a fight Syler. Let's go around it or something. Let's just try and avoid it.." Zane suggested, and Syler followed Zane. His eyes were still on the crowd, and he then noticed the two in the middle of the circle. One of them was one of his childhood bullies. He recognized her face. He knew she had a strange burning hatred for him, even if they had never spoken a work toward each other. She eyed him the minute she saw him walk by. She pushed the boy that was in her hands down to the ground.
"Forget you, I'm going to finish Syler, he needs it a little more." She said, angrily. She walked back towards Syler. The crowd moved with her, and created a circle around Syler and her. He looked towards Zane for help. He hoped Zane would have a way out of this.
"Leave it Ashley." Zane said, trying to fight her grip on Syler, but she pushed him aside and held onto Syler with more force. His heart was racing, he accepted this if it was destined to be his fate, he knew that Ashley had the ability to kill if she truly tried. . The crowd began to cheer her on. Syler looked at Zane, his expression was filled with fear, and Zane acknowledged his fear and started finding a way towards him. Ashley looked at Syler with disgust, she spat on him.