Chapter 12

Not edited

After we had finally made it outside and found Jenny it had already been twenty minutes. She threw some suspicious glances our way but didn't question it. She did mumble something about the hickeys we both had. She was saying something along the lines of 'well at least we all had fun last night' or 'well you're both twins' but I didn't really hear much of it.

Once I had finally made it home, I got some Advil in me and laid down for the rest of the night along with some Netflix and books to keep me for the whole relaxing night and Sunday ahead. 

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

On Monday I awoke with a groan and a stretch.  Instead of my usual waking up at seven, I was up at five thirty ready for a run. I put on a pair of spandex and a sports bra then tied my hair up in a ponytail not really worrying about the marks since I was 'Lexie' right now. Anyway after I got ready, I was out the door and on my run.

About fifteen minutes into my run I notice someone coming up beside me and I whipped my head ready to attack on the person who was next to me.

"Woah woah woah don't hit don't hit its me" The person says fast with their arms covering their face in defense. I quickly realized it was Blake. He's always showing up in the weirdest times I swear. I don't even know how he snuck up on me like that.

"Blake? What are you doing here?" I ask him stupidly. Clearly he is running considering he's wearing running attire which consisted of him not wearing a shirt. Let me tell you he looked quite good without one on.

"Well" he said gesturing to us both, "I was on my daily run then I saw you and decided to talk to you. Unless thats not okay with you"

"No there's no problem there. We should really get to know each other." I said. We haven't talked to each other since that morning when both Jenny and he dropped me off at my house.

"We should. Actually what are you doing tomorrow? I would say today but I have to get a project started with someone at my school." He asked me.

"I'm not doing anything tomorrow besides from hanging out with you." I said putting up my flirtatious side.

"Alright sounds good."

After checking the time he told me he had to go so we bid each other our goodbyes and we both went home and got ready for the boring school day ahead of us.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Many people would call me a nerd if I told them that I was worrying about finals already considering it's so early in the year. I mean we just started what a month ago? But I mean come on it's my senior year I want the best grades ever this year. Anyway that's what I was thinking about as I made my way into the school and to my locker while staring at my shoes to pull off the whole vulnerable and scared nerd thing.

You might be wondering what I wore to school because of the big marks on my neck. I put concealer over it but since Blake made them all so dark, they wouldn't cover up all the way so you can clearly see that I, the nerd, have Hickeys. Even though it is eighty-five degrees outside, I was wearing a scarf. You know those 'fashion people' who wear their scarf tied around their neck? Yeah that's how I was wearing it right now. Let's just say it didn't look very cute considering the looks I was getting from people, especially the girls who really care about reputation, right now. I guess it's alright because I am the nerd and the stereotypical nerd doesn't have fashion sense.

"Hahaha look what the cat dragged in. What are you even wearing? Something that little kids play dress up in? You're such a nerd." Lyndsey says walking up to me while more people form a circle around us. They were all laughing with her. It kind of gets really annoying listening to lyndsey's shit every day, but I have to put up with it. Just when I thought that, someone said something that kind of made me mad.

"Hey! Do you think that it's cool to pick on people? Does it make you feel better? Do you really think that low of yourself that you have to make fun of other people just to make yourself feel better? Are you that dumb? You are hurting people when you do this and you don't even care. People kill their self's everyday over dumb careless people like you. You are the representation of people that have to pick out things that are pointless in other people just to make themselves feel better. You lyndsey are a bully and so help me god if I will just stand back and watch it happen." Blake McCormack came to my rescue.

I swear you could hear a pin drop. Even for once Lyndsey didn't have anything to say. I didn't. The Jocks didn't. No bystander had anything to say. Everyone in the hall was stunned. Someone finally came to their senses and clapped. That caused the rest to snap out of it and they were now hollering and clapping for Blake. I just stared at Blake while he did back then I stomped away angry. I heard him yelling my name for me to come back but I didn't I ran and stopped in an empty hallway. I sat down, put my knees to my chest and just thought.

What was he thinking? He's going to make it worse. He's going to make her get mad. And when she gets mad she gets worse let me tell you. I speak from experience. It's not that she gets to me it's that I can't control my anger sometimes and I might end up blowing my cover which wouldn't be good.

"Alex" I heard my name and I turned. There stood in all his glory was Blake. He slowly walked up to me. I made no attempt to move. He was about a foot away from me before he started talking to me. I looked up.

"Why did you run away?"

"Why'd you say that to her?" I fired back but said something else before he could speak. "You shouldn't have done that. She's going to be worse and trust me when I say that it won't be pretty. She's mad now. It's not going to be good. She's going to be evil."

Blake sat down next to me and just looked at me.

"I know I should've talked to you before I said anything to her but I couldn't hold back any more than I already was. You don't know why it hurts me so much when I saw her acting like that towards you. I'm not going to let her do it to you anymore either."

"Why not?"

"I'll tell you." He looks at me and tells me something that I couldn't hold the tears back for.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Sorry for how long this is but i kind of like it a little. Anyway thank you again for so many reads. Vote to get a new chapter.

Comments?

Requests?

Confusion?