Chapter 2

I woke up at 6:40 since I don't have to look presentable whatsoever. After I showered, I threw my hair into a messy bun on the top of my head, put on big glasses that I don't even need, put in my fake bright green braces, and then put on a baggy white sweatshirt, and some baggy green sweatpants, along with my old white tennis shoes, they look like grandma shoes, actually I don't think my grandma would even wear these. Ewe I hate my outfit.

After getting dressed, it was 7:30, I grabbed a waffle with the syrup already cooked into it and a water bottle. I ate it and headed on to my ten minute walk to school.

I got to school at 7:50. I still had twenty minutes until school started, so I went to my locker, got the book I needed for first period which is math. yayyy. NOTE the sarcasm. I'm good at it and all of my subjects, I have to be in order for me to fake the nerd act, all the smartness just comes naturally for some unknown reason.

I went ahead into the math classroom, sitting in the front of course. I got out my phone and read the texts from last night and this morning I still had yet to read.

From Caleb: congrats on those wins. You did awesome. Hope to see you on Friday.

To Caleb: thanks and yeah you know I will be there.

From Jenny: good job girl you did great. We should go shopping soon.

To Jenny: thank ya girl. We should so go shopping. Tonight good?

Jenny is a girl I am friends with from the track.

From Alex: hey, I heard about the six wins. Sorry I couldn't be there. Dumb football practice got out late on a Sunday and parents wanted me to stay home last night Love you

To Alex: it's okay. I know. Love you

Jenny replied back with a yes and to meet her at the mall at 4. As soon as she did, the bell rang. Students soon came in talking about the latest gossip. I accidentally overheard two of the cheerleaders conversations.

"So did you see the new kid?"

"Oh my god. Yeah! He's hot. Did you like see him?" She has too much enthusiasm in that sentence

"Yes. He is. And the car he drove in is nice. I heard some guys saying it was" of course someone told her that she wouldn't know that off the top of her head.

So there is a new kid. If he's so hot and has a nice car, he will probably be in the popular crowd. Poor poor kid.

Five minutes into class, there was a knock on the door. After the teacher telling them to come in, the person entered, he was hot I got to admit. He had on dark baggy skinny jeans, black V-neck, black leather jacket, and black converse.

The guy and my teacher talked for about thirty seconds, then the teacher introduced him.

"Okay class, this is Blake McCormack. He's new, please treat him nicely. alright, well Blake you can sit over here." my teacher said, pointing to an empty desk a few seats behind me. So in the middle of the classroom.

Blake didn't say anything, just went and sat in his seat. A few girls kept staring at him in awe, also slutting up their outfits, and the guys all either envied him or were jealous of the attention he was getting and he acted like he didn't even care about it.

......................................

By lunch time, everyone had either seen or heard about Blake. He was the talk of the school.

I walked into the cafeteria, got my food and sat at my usual table.

About three minutes later, someone is sat across from me. I look up to see Alex.

"Hey Alex"

"Hey, so did you beat them by a lot?" He whispers to me. Just so that no one overhears us talking.

"Yeah lapped them all a couple times"

"Good. I'm glad. But that's not surprising at all. I mean you are Lexi after all"

"Yep I know"

All of a sudden, I hear squeals, hushed whispers, and then I see the girls quickly fixing their outfits, make up, and hair. Their eyes all glued on the person who just walked in the door.

Guess who that was.

Blake McCormack.

.......................................