Apocalyptic Love

Začít od začátku

Sonic laughed. "Alright, who's it about then? Someone we would know?"

The color in my cheeks intensified, and I felt myself holding back a childish grin as I looked down at my feet. "Uh... Axl Rose..."

"Dude, he's fuckin' hot!" Sonic replied immediately as the four of us laughed. "I don't blame you, hah! Have you ever met him? Since your dad's Michael Starr and all." I shook my head, explaining how I only stayed for the summers and such. However, we continued to write, eventually coming up with the second verse: "I wanna feel you fallin' all up my thigh, apocalyptic love, I wanna ride until we die; until the last night's faded, I just wanna see you smile; I just wanna see you smile, as we burn apart."

After that second verse, the chorus was repeated, and then we decided to have a slower part of the song, which went like this: "We'll dance under the burning sky, watch it die; no sorrow, no sorrow; together as the fires rage, and erase tomorrow, tomorrow; and when it's all said and done, we will have love... until the very end of time." Next, we decided to put in a guitar solo, followed by one last round of the chorus.

Once the lyrics were all written out, it was a matter of making the music to go behind it. "It should be modern, but still really edgy, kind of like the music is talking too," Trixie suggested. "I think that lyrics can do a hell of a lot, but the music needs to be the backbone of the song, if that makes sense." I scribbled down the notes in my songbook, even though there was no need to. If I thought that they were good suggestions, I wanted to keep them.

So, together, after playing around with a few of the instruments, we created the beginnings of the music for 'Apocalyptic Love.' "Y'know," Vicky mused, "Apocalyptic Love could be a title track. There's a hell of a lot you can do with that." Sonic and Trixie nodded in agreement, Sonic erasing and rewriting some of her less neatly-copied notes. 

"That's true," I mused, grinning at my drummer. "I think that you can take something as revolutionary as the apocalypse and make it into whatever kind of dystopia you want. This would be a great idea for an album title!" 

And that was the first track of our first album.

"What time is it?" Trixie asked, stretching out her bony arms. "It feels like we've been down here for forever now." She ran up the stairs to check the clock. We didn't have one in the studio; time shouldn't be a pressure or an existent thing when it came to music. "GUYS!" Trixie called down. "IT'S NINE O' CLOCK ALREADY?" Immediately, I jolted up, the rest of us grabbing our things and running upstairs. "Shit," Trixie groaned, "We've been down here forever!"

Vicky raised an eyebrow. "What's the problem, though? We have cars." 

Shaking her head, Trixie groaned again. "Sonic came in Stella's car, and my hearse doesn't have any headlights. No one'll fix it! They're convinced it means trouble, since it's a hearse and all." 

I shrugged, stretching out a bit. "How about you sleep over then? It'll be a get-to-know each other night?" Immediately, the other girls agreed, and Vicky even offered to fix Trixie's car in the morning. I let the girls use my bathroom and borrow some of my clothes for pajamas, and as each one took a shower, I brought down a ton of pillows and blankets. The others got bowls of chips, popcorn, and a bottle of some kind of rum to mix with Coca-Cola.

The next two or so hours were spent doing the most typical girl things ever. The four of us talked about all sorts of stuff that we were into, made avocado face masks, and painted each other's nails, sipping rum-and-cokes the whole time. It was the first time in my life that I felt like I had real friends, even though I barely knew any of them before tonight. We shared our interests, fears, pasts, and anything in between. 

"Who's picking the movie?" Trixie asked once we had all washed off our face masks. "Better yet, what kind of movies do you guys like?" We all varied in tastes, but we seemed to come together when it came to one genre; horror. Trixie, satisfied, ended up picking out The Shining, which I thought was more of a suspense movie, but I loved it just the same.

Now, by the time we put in the movie, we were pretty freaking tipsy. We had stopped drinking alcohol to save us the hangovers in the morning, but that didn't make us any less drunk at that moment. This being said, although we had all watched the movie before, we were scared shitless at every single part. Bowls of food were flipped, forts of pillows and blankets were made, and I think Vicky might have even started crying when "REDRUM" appeared on the door. I doubted that any of us were actually that scared, but hell, we were drunk.

Eventually, we all passed out there on the couch, the relaxation of sleep overcoming us.

"Stella? STELLA?" A voice woke me up, shaking me. I fell off the couch in surprise, groaning at the prospect of being woken up. "Your dad's on the phone," the voice said as I recognized it as Sonic. Nodding, I groggily trudged over to the phone, wondering why my dad would be calling so early.

Yawning, I asked sleepily into the receiver, "Dad? Sorry, I just woke up."

"At noon?" He laughed a little, making me groan. I'd slept in yet again. "Who's the chick that answered the phone?"

"That's Nicole, dad, I had her and two other friends sleep over. What's up?"

"I called to check on you! Uh, dad's do that, right?"

I chuckled, yawning again. "Yeah, they do. It's pretty good, dad. I made friends, had a sleepover, ran the errands, y'know. How's it going with you?"

We talked for a little longer, and then I talked to some of the guys as well. However, as soon as I hung up with my dad and Steel Panther, it was as if Fate really was out to kill me: there was a knock on the door.

"Hey Stella, do you know a lady with dirty blonde hair, lots of wrinkles, and some bald guy with her? They look pretty pissed off..." Sonic trailed.

"Wait... does the lady have a scar on her forehead?" If it was who I thought it was, then I knew there would be.

"Yeah, why?"

"Fuck... that's my mother."

A/N: Unnamed songs: "Apocalyptic Love" by Slash feat. Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators