Apocalyptic Love

"What're we gonna name ourselves?" Victoria asked. "Are we gonna stick with our own names? Plus a band name, and our look!" Now, I had already gotten a stage name from Lexxi, but that meant nothing for anything else. Plus, Victoria was right; we needed a band name, and a look for ourselves. If there was anything I'd learned from Steel Panther, it was that image was almost everything.

I bit my lip, shrugging, as we all pulled up chairs in the studio. "Lexxi helped me come up with one actually; Stella Starr." Nicole nodded, laughing a bit. At least someone got the joke.

"Trixie Belle," Isabella chipped in next. "I've always liked the name Trixie; it's fairy-like, I guess, in a darker way... and my first name has 'bell' in it."

"Vicky something-or-other?" Victoria suggested, when Nicole grinned.

"Vicky Stud; short, sweet, and to-the-point. And it sounds tough." Victoria nodded, satisfied with the guitarist's suggestion. "And I'm gonna be Sonic Blaire. So there's the names for us, but what about the band? It needs to be something cool, something that makes people curious."

Sonic laughed, cracking her neck. "Let's see, what's our goal here, as a band?" We all looked at her, assuming she had the answer anyway. "Exactly!" She exclaimed, as if reading our minds. "We plan to take the world by storm, as any good, unexpected, all-female band would do; we're conspirators."

Vicky grinned at each of us in turn, cracking her neck. "That's it then, the Conspirators?" No one argued, so, that was the ultimate decision. "I'm gonna be honest, here, then, I'm not exactly the strongest lyrical writer ever..." Vicky added a few moments later, prompting her to ask as well, "Do any of us write song lyrics?" Thankfully, I did.

"I have a journal, actually," I mentioned sheepishly. "A lot of them are scraps, but I think we can definitely turn them into real songs. I mean, as long as they have like, a general purpose or experience behind them, we can make it work, right?" They all nodded, prompting me to open the journal, which I had taken with me. "I'm not too good at making the actual music, I guess, but I can totally do lyrics. We all can, though, if we piece them the right way. I have one that's almost finished, if you wanna start with that?"

Trixie nodded, sitting up more now, and the other two followed suit. "Okay, so the chorus goes, This is the last time, Oh, oh- Don't care how we do it, just as long as we can love under the same sky; All we got is tonight, all we got is tonight; and I have the first verse, too, which goes, I got a real bad feeling, there'll be nothing to say; Whole world's going crazy, know the end is on the way; But we've got one hot minute, to do anything you like, to do anything you like."

Vicky smiled, and it was thankfully a genuine one. "Well shit, you're really damn good at this, seriously." I smiled brightly, although I did feel color rising to my cheeks as well. "What if you just attach the chorus directly to the first verse, just kind of jump right into it? That's kinda different?" I nodded, scrawling that down in my journal.

Grinning at me, Trixie asked, "So what is this about, then? 'The end is on the way, but we've got one hot minute to do anything you like'." She repeated this to herself out loud, and then smiled. "Alright, so, it's the end of the world and you wanna get laid." She laughed a little bit. "I'm really liking this one so far, what made you write it?" All three girls turned to me.

"Well," I considered, shrugging, "It was actually about this silly old crush I used to have. Y'know, if the world were ending, what would I wanna do with him?" The truth was, it was about one of my dad's rival band's singers, but there was no way in hell he would ever know that. That was one of the reasons I was so protective about my journal; there was no way in hell I was gonna let my dad know who or what I wrote about song-wise.