Chapter 4

(Continuation of Dhanush's POV)

We went back to the hotel room. She was a bit tired so she requested me to let her rest. She told me that she would let me know about her past after she feels alright. I agreed with her.

I knew resting was an excuse. She was actually going to plan the things that she was going to speak to me. I prayed to Lord shiva that she wouldn't lie to me. Though she didn't look the liar kind of girl. But, yes, she did hide things.

Whereas I was an expert in lying, well, it was necessary for my acting talent.

After leaving her at my room, I went out all alone, to get a haircut. The shooting was over so I didn't need the present haircut although it did suit me. But the temperature outside made me rethink about keeping the same hairstyle.

....

After getting an haircut I got a phone call from my friend Anirudh. He informed me that he had arrived in Chennai, and he would meet me soon.

I smiled at the thought of meeting him. It felt as if it had been ages since I met him. As I thought about him, I remembered about Siva too. He was busy in shooting so I didn't wish to disturb him.

I went straight to my parent's house after that to meet my mother. I had to tell someone about Parvati and I trusted my mum the most. I went there and she prepared a good lunch for me. I wished Parvati was there too, I could have introduced her to my parents.

After telling her everything about Parvati, she suggested me the same thing Avantika did. But I was waiting for Parvati to speak about her reality to me first.

I went straight back to the hotel. She was eating food when I reached there. I had the key so I entered after I unlocked the door with it.

I smiled at her, she had a chicken leg piece stuffed in her mouth. She looked a bit embarrassed. I chuckled at her and sat down beside her.

"Don't feel shy. You need to eat a lot to get your strength back. And don't take meat only, sometimes stick to healthy food as well. Wait let me order for some salad too" I told her and ordered.

"Are you watching this?" I asked her. "No, you may watch. I didn't find anything interesting" she said. I thus changed the channels one by one and then stopped at one where I had seen my name.

"Shit" I muttered loudly. She looked at me and then at the television. There was our video of us getting out of hospital with me holding her hand. "oh no" she said loudly. "Tell me what she is saying there?" she asked. It was a Tamil channel so she didn't understand anything.

I translated for her. "The 3 star Dhanush has been spotted with a new woman. It seems like she could be the superstar's new girl. After being close to Shruti Hassan and a break up with his ex girlfriend, director Aish, he has finally moved on. But we still don't know who is the girl. We will find out and let all our viewers know" the girl on the tv said.

"Do you think my face can be recognized in the video?" she asked me. I watched it closely after she asked. "No, they got it from the side and only a portion of your face can be seen" I answered her.

I quickly opened my twitter and found it filled with the news about me. I sighed loudly.

There was a message in my phone inbox. I opened it, it was from Aish.

"I thought you are still in love with me. I was going to forgive you soon but now you showed me your real self. I hate you Dhanush" the message said. I frowned seeing the message and my eyes watered a little.

"What is it?" Parvati asked. There was concern in her voice. I explained to her everything about my ex, about how we broke up, the whole love story. She looked sad after listening to my words.

"Do you love her?" she asked in a serious tone. "Do i?" I asked myself. "Yes, the time we had spent together were the best times of my life. But when she didn't trust me the last time and I had started hating her. but I couldn't blame her too. The paparazzi had portrayed Shruti and me in such a way, any woman would have done the same if she was in her place. I even showed her the message she had sent me.

"Well, if you love her, I say you should go to her and explain everything. And moreover, I am going to leave very soon. I promise I will be so away from your life that you will never know I existed" she spoke.

Her words were like daggers to my heart.

"Don't say like that, you are my friend. I would never let you go and never because of Aish" I said. "Please, it's fine. I don't wish to cause anymore trouble to you. I will always be grateful for what you did to me and I will try my best to return you the favour some day. But for now I will leave. Listen to me, it's for both of our's good" she explained.

The way she spoke showed her maturity. Though she looked like a young girl, but she spoke like an adult with lots of experience.

"Parvati, I am speaking the truth my dear, I don't wish to lose a person like you" I stammered almost but I was confused why I said that.

She was determined to leave. She got up quickly to walk back to her room. She faced away from me and I grabbed her hand to not let her go. I didn't understand why did I do that, it was so sudden. She turned to face me with an annoyed look. I quickly removed my hand and mumbled a low sorry. She didn't speak anymore and walked inside her room.

I waited there as I stared at the tv screen which repeated the same news about us again and again.

"Why was she so bothered about getting recognized?" the question formed in my head. I thought for a while about it but I had no answer. I turned to face the closed door of her room. I stood up and walked there. I could hear some weeping sound coming from inside which broke my heart. I slowly knocked on the door. She stopped her weeping listening to my knock.

"We will go to my apartment tomorrow morning, so pack your things" I told her as I tried to speak boldly. "No need. I will leave by tomorrow" she answered back in a broken voice. "Parvati, remember what I had said, you will not leave until you are healthy!" I reminded her. "I promise you, I will let you go once I confirm you are well" I added after a while. I waited there for her response but then suddenly the door opened. I stared at her reddish eyes.

"Why do you want me to get well?" she asked me boldly. "Because you are my friend and I care for you" I mumbled quickly. "Mr. Dhanush, one cannot become friends that easily" she answered back as she stepped closer to me.

There was anger in her eyes. I stepped towards her more. "Parvati my dear, I am taking care of you because I like you. You are a very good person and I know something bad happened to you. Plus I can't see a beautiful girl like you suffer and cry like that" I explained her as I looked into her eyes.

She blushed again but quickly covered it with a creepy smile. She didn't answer and stood there staring at me. For a moment my eyes fell upon her lips. She had the most luscious lips I had ever seen. I quickly removed all those thoughts as I realized where my mind was going.

"So what is your decision?" I asked her to break the weird silence between us.

"I will leave you after I pay you back the money which you have wasted on me to help me" she answered quickly. "That is not required" I said. "No, I will. I will find a job and return you the whole sum and by that time I will get well too. I will leave as soon as I pay you back" she spoke.

Finally she agreed to stay. That was a heck of an effort and I didn't wish to change her decision by saying things which she won't agree to. She was too much stubborn.

"Okay fine, as you wish" I said and then sighed. "Okay then good night" she said and slammed the door on my face before I could wish her good night. I stood there thinking about her new form and smirked.

Thanks for reading!

Vote

Comment

Follow