Destined Love - Chapter Six

Chapter Six:

I knew there was no way to avoid someone in such a small town, and someone I knew nothing about for that matter, but at only a couple of hours after arriving here? That's extreme. This is too much of a coincidence, and instantly I set the blame on Raziel. With a harsh snap of my jaw, I focus back to reality; at my supposed soul mate staring at me with widened eyes. I gaze back, unable to turn away.

At her almost porcelain white cheeks with the soft tint of two pink clouds, the light brown freckles that scatter across her button nose and over the delicate lumps of her cheek bones. Her almond shaped eyes, under the lighting, appear blue and green like the crystal waves of an ocean; her light brown eyelashes framing the half moon-like shape of her eyes. Before I can trace the outline of her lips, I forcefully turn away.

With a vibrating growl, I curse myself for losing my self-control. How can someone have such a strong effect on me when I don't even know them? As I swallow built up saliva, moistening my dry throat, I gain my composure—something that I should never had lost. 

Her aquamarine-like eyes glance at me with concern as I force myself to lift my gaze. Before I can let those captivating orbs distract me again, I reach for my tray. Coke has been spilt all over my burgers, the fizz soaking into the buns. My jaw clenches in annoyance.

"Sir, are you OK?" Her tone is like sweet syrup...

I shake my head, almost feeling intoxicated. Then, I firmly square my shoulders. No matter how much this girl seems to affect me, I'm not going to let her get under my skin; I'm not going to let some girl get in the way of me starting my new life. Raziel can watch me from his escapeless meadow all he likes, and he best be prepared - because he will not be seeing me with this chica again. The girl still standing behind that counter is just that, a girl. I don't know why I feel drawn to her, but if I can fight three grown men in just a couple of minutes, I'm strong enough to disregard this girl.

To avoid more of her expectant expression, I give a quick reply. "."

As her brow furrows, I grab my food try and stalk out of McDonalds without another word. I don't look back at the brightly lit restaurant as I trudge my way back to the small hotel. Images of the girl try to invade my mind, but I stubbornly push them out.  Once I'm back at the hotel, I juggle my food tray as I jam my key into the lock, swinging my door open; the thin wood slams against the side wall.

A female voice yells out for me to be quiet.

"Fuck you," I mumble with another slam of my door.

With a kick of my boots, I slump down to the mattress and unwrap my soggy burgers. Twenty minutes later, despite the soaked bread, I've eaten both meals. I throw the tray across the room, only wincing slightly when it slams against the thin walls as it stings at my developed headache. Staring around the grubby room, at the chipped brown of the walls and the poor excuse of a dirty carpet below my feet, I notice an ajar door to the right of the room.

I decide to explore where it leads tomorrow as I fling off my jacket and black shirt, expossing my chest. Realising that I'd be naked in a most likely infested bed, I decide to keep my jeans on. Cautiously, I begin to unravel the thin sheets from the mattress; I inspect the material carefully, making sure nothing suspicious lay within the sheets. Then, I lay my head on the rock-like pillow and shut my eyes.

It takes most of my energy to keep unwanted thoughts to the back of my mind. Eventually I begin to feel myself slip into slumber, at least until a loud moan reaches my ears. Followed my another, and then another, each one becoming more pleasurable and intense. I listen for a few moments, realising with familiarity that someone is getting lucky in the room beside mine.