Chapter 6: Peter's Party

AN: The media is the outfit that Jack and Elsa wore to the party. Ya, I only put it there because I was too lazy to describe it in the book haha.

-time skip to Friday-

Elsa's POV

I was applying light make up and waiting for Punzie's text to pick me up

I just let my hair down because I was too lazy to tie it. Then I got a text. It was from Punzie.

Hey sorry. Something came up and me and Merida had to go. Jack will pick you up. See you at the party.

Well then. It was already 7:02 so I decided to go to Jack's room. I knocked, and he opened the door. "Oh hey." He said. "Let's go." I said, and we started walking to the parking lot.

"You look beautiful tonight." Jack commented, making me blush. "Thank you." I spoke in barely a whisper.

When we got to his car I decided to break the silence. "So, how do you know Peter?" I asked.

Jack drove out of the parking lot and responded, "Well he was actually an old co-worker, but he found a better job."

"And yeah, he throws a bunch of big parties every year. I don't really know the celebration or who's invited but usually we come."

A simple "Oh," was all I could muster. But really, my mind was kind of confused.

Big parties every year? No celebration at all? Why would anyone want to do that?

"You guys must've been close huh?" I asked after a long silence. "We were." Was all he said.

-10 minutes later-

We arrived at the club and it was very full. I estimated about 200 people attending his parties with no such celebration.

Punzie was the first person that I saw and came up to me. "Hey guys!" She said through the loud music. "Elsa! Let me introduce you to Peter!" She yelled.

She then led me to the table infront of the bartender. Sitting there were two guys. "That's Peter." Punzie said, pointing at a tall, blondie. The other one had dark brown hair and average height.

"Who's the other one? I asked. "That's Kyle. He's the closest friend of Peter." Punzie answered me.

Just then, Peter looked up and saw us. "Why hello ladies." He said. "You must be Elsa?" He asked as he reached out a hand to me.

"Yes. Nice to meet you." I say as I shake his hand. "Nice to meet you too. And have you met Kyle?" He asks. "No not yet actually."

"Kyle!" Peter calls to him. Kyle then stands up and looks at me. "Who is this pretty lady?" He asks. "Oh thank you," I say blushing. "Elsa." I reach out my hand for him to shake. "Kyle."

Jack's POV

"Hey man!!" Hiccup called. "Oh you're here." I say. For some reason, I look right, and there I found Kyle, shaking hands with Elsa.

I think Hiccup was saying something but I couldn't hear because I was watching them intently.

"Yo man!" Hiccup said, bringing me back to my thoughts. "I know you're concerned about your crush but you don't have to stalk her all the time." He says.

"One, I don't have a crush on her," I say. "No crush on her." Hiccup imitates my voice mockingly, and I ignore him. "And two, why shouldn't I be concerned? She's with Kyle. You know what happened the last time he took a girl for a drink." I answer back.

Hiccup's eyes widen with realization. "Oh my gosh dude, you're right!" He then turns to look at Elsa.

Elsa's POV

"Kyle, why don't you take the lady for a drink?" Peter asked, gesturing for me to go with him. "Sure." He answered

He took me to the seat in front of the bartender. "So, what do you want?" Kyle asked. "Anything that's not alcoholic." I said. I wasn't much of a drinker anyway.

"Aww c'mon. Get something with a little alcohol. You only live once." Kyle said. I admit, it was a little tempting. "Fine. I'll have a Cosmo." I said. "And I'll have what the lady is having."

"So, tell me about yourself." He said, while touching my shoulder. Oh gosh this was a little creepy.

"Well, I'm really just a friend of Rapunzel. She kind of invited me here only because she said Peter likes a lot of people to come to his party." I admitted.

"Oh really? So I assume you're working at Peter's old office?" He asked. "Yes that's right." I answered.

There was a moment of silence , before we talked again. "You' re really pretty." He said. I blushed, and luckily the dark light of the club covered it up. "Thank you."

He then put a strand of hair behind my ear. Even creepier. I really should leave, but maybe he was doing this without knowing?

I'll know for sure. One more strike and he's out. "Oh look. Our drinks are here." He said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"You know," he started as the bartender put our drinks on the table. "Pretty girls like you"- he touched my lap -"don't need to work at a crappy office."

I made a disgusted face. Crappy office? What does he know? "I need to leave." I spoke hurriedly. "Wait--" he tried to pull me back but I already left.

When he was out of sight and earshot, I touched my chest and breathed a sigh of relief. I nearly sobbed, but I stopped myself. No.

I eagerly looked for Jack. I found him quickly, talking with Hiccup. "Jack. I need to go home." I say, my voice cracking.

He looked concerned and confused, but he didn't question me. "Okay, let's go."

AN: Hi guys!! So I updated again. I might update again because I already have a plan for the next chapter. But warning though, it might be like super super super super short. Ya, sorry ;-; But chapter 8 might be long. Kay bye

--

Okay this was actually days after... Idk why I didn't publish it since it was already prepared. Haha sorry. And alsoooo.. WE REACHED 100 READS!! YAY!! Lol. Okay thanks vote and comment. Bye.