VI.

"Piece By Piece."

***

The four of you (Xerxes Break, Sharon, Raven and yours truly) were enveloped in an incredibly awkward silence. You fiddled with your clothes, using anything, anything as a distraction. You didn't exactly have anything to say, nor did you know anything that would make for an interesting conversation. After the brief conversation you had earlier, the three other Contractors decided on letting B-Rabbit's Contractor properly rest on a bed.

When you saw the young boy once again, you were suddenly reminded of the ferocious Chain he managed to sign a Contract with; you began wondering as to where the Black Rabbit had gone off to, although she was mostly likely resting inside her Contractor's body.

After the boy was put on a bed, Sharon and Raven sat a few feet away from each other on a sofa while you and Break did the same on another sofa. Break glanced at you often, this massive grin on his face, although you chose to ignore whatever message he was trying to convey with his "sneaky" glances and grins.

 Since the two sofas were placed on opposite sides of each other, Sharon and Raven were forced to look at you and Break; trying not to seem unsociable, you met their gazes, but it only succeeded in making you uncomfortable and even more awkward.

Xerxes Break, on the other hand, seemed to love all the attention directed at him. It was most likely because he was familiar and comfortable with all the people in the room, while you felt (and probably were) out-of-place.

You sighed, finally having enough. You were going to be the one to break the awkward silence, "You lot aren't going to learn anything about me if you just keep staring. Go ahead and ask whatever questions you want."

Of course, the first question just had to be:

"Why're you covering your left eye? Did something...happen to it?"

You shook your head, your bangs shaking as well,  "Nothing happened to my left eye, it's perfectly fine and it's not disabled or broken or anything of the sort. It's just...one, it's...discolored. Two, it puts me at a disadvantage-"

"Can you show us your real form?"

You blinked twice at the sudden disturbance, making Break snicker quietly. It made you wonder just how badly they wanted to know more about you. Sharon and Raven looked at you intently, eager to know your answer to your question. So, you provided them with an answer.

"No," you replied, and you could see their disappointment when their expressions changed for a split-second, "I don't want to show you here, especially just for the purpose of showing. It might attract unwanted attention. I hope you understand."

"Then...how did you get here? Do you have a Contractor?"

This time, Break, who had been chewing on a lollipop up until this very moment, had suddenly gained interest in your conversation. He stared at you, the lollipop still in his mouth as he awaited your answer.

The question must have piqued his interest since you were sure he was wondering how you got here as well, but never came to ask the question in person.

You shook your head, "I have...other means of coming here. I don't need a Contractor, all I need is to find a Chain that's signed a Contract with a human, be it a Legal or Illegal one. When the said Chain gets summoned to this world, I can tag along with it, but it uses quite a bit of power."

"I never really knew how I got this power; I guess it was just given to me so that I would be exempted from the process of signing a Contract with a human," you continued, "I'm not really sure, though. This is just my speculation."

"What's the deal with your amazing eyesight?"

You brushed back your bangs with your fingers, revealing your left eye once again. Sharon and Raven stared at your eye in complete shock and interest while Xerxes continued feasting on his lollipop, casually listening to your conversation.

"My right eye, the (e/c) one is no different from a human eye; it functions the same way as a human eye as well. Although, my left eye, the pink one, is essentially the same as a human's eye but it has a special trait..."you paused for a short while, allowing the information to sink in before you decided to continue.

"I have the option to feed my pink eye some of my power and in return, it becomes more efficient. I have to constantly feed it my power to make sure my eyesight retains its accuracy. If it's being fed my power, it gains the ability to see things most humans wouldn't be able to see, like a Contractor's Chain. That's why, most of the time I don't give it power altogether so it won't put that much of a strain on me."

The three processed the new information, and when you were sure they had wrapped their minds around how your eye worked, you gestured for them to continue asking their questions.

"In regards to the question about your left eye...why don't you just show it off all the time?" Break asked, catching you off-guard since it was the first time in a long time that he had spoken up, "Who cares if it's a different color, you're a Chain anyway."

"Since I can give this eye some of my power, it kinda makes it a weak spot. If I give it a lot of power and somebody directly hits my eye, the power I used is going to go down with my eye, so it would probably put me in a vulnerable position--with the sudden loss of power and all," you responded.

Sharon smiled, resting her hands on her lap, "Well, I have no more questions to ask. What about you, Raven?"

Raven crossed his arms before he shook his head, "I have no more questions."

"That's it? I actually thought you two had a lot more questions to ask me," you said, surprised, "you seemed so ready to drown me in questions earlier."

"That's all I need to know about you concerning your status as a Chain," Sharon said, a smile gracing her features, "everything else I can discover by myself...besides, I think Oz-sama is going to wake up soon."

"Oz...?" you questioned, the name slipping off your tongue in a strange fashion.

Break looked at you, slightly shocked that you didn't seem to know who this 'Oz' person was, "'Oz' is the name of the Contractor you've tagged along with to be able to come here, (F/N). He's Oz Vessalius."

You crossed your arms, it seemed to be your turn to process some form of newfound information, "...huh."