II.

"Marionette."

***

The next time you opened your eyes, you were no longer in the same room with the girl in blue. You were back in the broken toy box world. A few days after waking up, you remembered everything from your past.

As an infant, your parents had abandoned you, and miraculously, you had managed to survive for quite a while. As a child, everybody looked down on you and openly insulted you, saying you were lower than dirt and that it would've been better if you were dead.

Eventually, it got to your head and drove you insane. After having enough of hearing the same discouraging words day after day, you finally did the deed and ended your own life.

A bit after that, you probably sunk into the depths of the Abyss and because of the power of the Abyss, you had turned into a Chain.

(A/N: You completely forgot about meeting the girl in blue, a.k.a the Will of the Abyss.)

The desire to die had carried on even as a Chain and you made frequent trips to the world outside the Abyss to try and find a Contractor, whether Legal or Illegal, who was powerful enough to kill you.

Right now, you were currently resting on a pile of broken toys which you had taken care of after they attempted to eat you. Stupid dolls.

A few minutes afterwards, an animal that you couldn't identify appeared. The reason you couldn't identify the animal was because tons of strings were wrapped around it's frame, it's eyes being the only thing you could make out.

"A Chain taking on the form of a human," the thing mused, "with an (e/c) eye, the other eye being covered by her bangs which she decided to grow out. Incredibly powerful and not one too mess with, thing to note: Does not kill or eat humans, instead, she travels to the world outside the Abyss to find somebody that can kill her."

"Now where have I heard that before?" he said to himself, clearly amused, "Ah yes! I know who you are now, the Apex Predator, Orifice Dusk!"

You stared at the Chain before standing up, "Well, since you know who I am, mind telling me who you are?"

The amusement in his eyes showed that he was smiling, "I am Marionette. I want you to battle me, Orifice!"

"Very well."

You leapt off of the pile of dolls and transformed. From a human being, you had transformed into a wolf the size of a horse. You had striking yellow eyes and a symbol similar to the crescent moon on your forehead. Your fur was navy blue with markings colored a lighter shade of blue. Your tail was the same navy blue but then turned into light blue. (A/N: Picture above. I'm very sorry if it doesn't load. For those of you wondering, it's Yugure from the Facebook game Monster Galaxy...yeh, I just edited it a bit. :D)

The Chain, Marionette grinned evilly as he prepared to deal the first strike. You quickly leapt out of the way and you were about to bite down on his neck but the strings surrounding the said area wrapped around you, trapping you.

Marionette grinned evilly, "These strings prevent anybody from dealing damage directly to my body. How are you going to defeat me now, Orifice?"

You shot your own pointed chains at him, causing the strings on Marionette to let go of you. You threw your head back and howled, two other wolves made of light blue shadows appearing.

"Wolves hunt in packs, they make sure nobody gets hurt and they make sure that their prey always gets taken down," you said, the two wolves finding a place by your side, "how else do you think I obtained the title 'Apex Predator'?"

***

Marionette lay beneath you, defeated. The two clone wolves disappeared as you reverted back to your original form. Your back faced him as you heard Marionette chuckle weakly.

"You definitely aren't called the Apex Predator for nothing..."

You glared at him, "Don't flatter me, Marionette. That won't work, I can see right through you, you want me to become your ally only so that you could use me...I have somewhere to go."

"You mean, you want to go die?" he called out.

"Shut up."