I.

"Storybook."

***

(Flashback)

...It's so dark.

Why is it so dark?

I...I can't remember.

You opened your eyes, only to find yourself in a strange place that resembled a broken toy box. Chunks of buildings were here and there and it seemed like you were...

...falling?

You neared a room full of toys where a lone girl sat with a strange-looking human. The lone girl was clad with white and blue and when she looked up at you, she smiled and held out her hand.

Scared of what else would have been lurking in this broken toy box world, you took the girl's hand and she tugged at you gently so you landed in the room.

You looked around before the girl in blue smiled, "...it seems another soul has been flung to the depths of the Abyss. Tell me, what's your story, young one?"

You stared at the girl before you looked down, "I...I can't remember anything. All I remember is the fact I died and then I was brought here."

"You seem incredibly young, how about this?" she said, smiling brightly, "I'll turn you into a Chain and give you very special powers. If ever, as a Chain, you genuinely desire to live, I'll strip you of your powers as a Chain and you'll become a human once again, you could live the life you had dreamed of living."

"I--I don't understand," you admitted, looking down.

The girl in blue held your hand with her own, "You will in due time, young one. Can you remember your name?"

"(F/N)..."

"Go to sleep, (F/N). The Abyss will do the rest."

And with that, your eyes shut and you collapsed. The girl in blue cradled your head in her arms as she played with your (h/c) hair.

"She would become a great Chain one day," the girl in blue said.

The sleeping girl before her was taken away, but just before then, the girl clad in blue took her hand and smiled as she gifted the other girl with her new powers.

"...I look forward to finding out how your story ends."

The power of the Abyss surrounding the two girls enveloped the sleeping girl and made her body go through drastic changes. She was taken away and the girl in blue was now all by herself.

"You could end your story basked in golden light," she chirped, "...but on the other hand, the power of the Abyss could consume and eventually destroy you."

"Interesting."