V.

"Bound."

***

"Why are you putting so much trust in a Chain like me?" you asked with a confused look, "I could kill you at any given moment if I felt like it."

"But you haven't killed me yet," he said, stating the obvious, "so why did you decide not to kill me after you found out I couldn't help you even the smallest bit in achieving your goal?"

You opened your mouth to speak, but nothing came out, so instead you shut it again. You clenched your fists and looked away as you gave him your reply. "I don't want to kill anybody...if anything, the only person I want dead is myself."

Xerxes sighed, taking his lollipop out of his mouth and waving it around; he looked at you, piecing together what to tell you in his strange, strange mind. He didn't want to say anything that would make you think he took nothing seriously (even though you already thought of him as that kind of person) so he really took his time with this one.

He slightly pouted at you, "You should stop that suicidal nonsense of yours, (F/N). It really doesn't add to your cuteness. Not in the very least."

He continued chewing on his lollipop, allowing you to take your time with what you were going to say next. Xerxes had this bad habit of toying with people's emotions, but with you, he wasn't really in the mood to play his silly games.

After a few minutes of careful and meticulous consideration, you had finally reached a decision. You looked up, meeting the gaze of the strange man in front of you, before saying, "I've decided...I'll become your friend, Xerxes Break."

He grinned, "That's great."

***

Xerxes said he had some important matters to attend to, so he quickly left, mumbling a few things under his breath, which you weren't bothered enough to listen to. You staring at the ground when you suddenly felt two chains wrap around your body, a hole that led to the Abyss appearing under your feet.

More Chains shot out from the hole and wrapped themselves around your wrists and legs so you couldn't fight back even if you wanted to. Despite the diminishing chances of you being able to escape, you tried to do so anyways.

Has the Contract already been terminated? That was barely a day!

You let out a strangled yelp as you slowly sunk back to the broken toy box world that was the Abyss. The more you struggled and tried to break free of the chains that tied you down, the tighter the it gripped your body as it continued pulling you down to what you became known to you as "hell".

I can't fight this, this is the power of the Abyss itself we're talking about...the only thing I can do is find another Chain that I can tag along with...and fast.

Soon enough, you were flung back into the Abyss. You landed on a pile of dolls before you quickly jumped off and into the dark waters, your feet all the way to your ankles getting soaked. You scouted the area, fortunately, you couldn't find any Chains nearby so you decided it was best to get to work.

Scowling, you tried your best to locate another Chain that was about to leave the Abyss. Soon enough, you saw the Bloostained Black Rabbit and a human who, by the looks of it, had just formed a contract with her. It was exactly what you needed at this moment.

You grinned, deciding to tag along with them back to Xerxes' world.

***

You groaned in pain, your eyes squeezed shut. After quickly making your way to B-Rabbit and her new Contractor, you had successfully managed to return to the world outside the Abyss, but when you arrived, you had (rather un-gracefully) landed on your bum. B-Rabbit's new Contractor was right beside you, passed out, and the only thing you could focus on was finding Break again.

When the pain finally resided, you slowly got to your feet before you stared at the blonde boy laying on the floor. You wanted to find Xerxes as soon as possible, but you couldn't just leave him there all alone and defenseless. The poor thing might be--

"Oh, if it isn't (F/N)! I was wondering where you had gone off to!" the said man you were just about to start looking for exclaimed, "It's funny seeing you here with him!"

"Xerxes Break!"

Beside Break was a young girl who looked like she was in her teens who gave you a look. Just by her clothes, you could tell she belonged to a family of nobles. She had the face of one as well. Using your eye, you discovered that she signed a Contract with the Chain, Eques.

Eques' Contractor looked at Xerxes, "Do you know her, Break?"

He smiled at you, "She's a...friend, Miss. A friend with especially keen eyesight, it's somewhat irritating at times, honestly."

"Well then, if Break here calls you a friend, then I might as well!" the girl said with a smile, "it's a pleasure to meet you, I'm Sharon Rainsworth!"

"At least you're nice enough to tell me your real name," you commented, glancing at Break, who rolled his eyes at you like a child, "unlike somebody I know."

"Oh do shut up, (F/N)."

Sharon smiled, clearly entertained by you and Break's behavior toward each other. Despite her noble aspects, she seemed like a girl you could get along with in the future. Sharon and Xerxes were quite comfortable towards each other, so it gave you hope that becoming friends with him wasn't going to screw you over.

"(F/N)..." Sharon repeated, "that's such a lovely name. It really suits you!"

There was a small huff a few feet away from Sharon and Xerxes and you finally focused on the lone guy clad in black who was leaning against a wall, smoking a cigarette. You had noticed him earlier, but you decided not to pay him much attention. He spared you a short glance at the very beginning, but that was about it.

"And what's your name?" you asked him.

He crossed his arms, looking away from you lot. "Raven."

He doesn't speak the truth.

"Real name," you repeated, letting a small fraction of the irritation you were feeling show, "what is with people and refusing to give out their real name? Or rather, what is with boys and giving me their alias?"

"Raven is my real name," he said, persistent on making you believe the lie he told.

Of course, the poor lad didn't know that you had a magical lie that could tell you if a person was lying or not, since that was never usually the first topic that came up during conversations.

He doesn't speak the truth.

You rolled your eyes, "'Raven' is the name of the Chain you formed a Contract with. I'm pretty sure it most definitely is not your real name."

The man clad in black stared at you in shock before his gaze averted to Xerxes Break and Sharon. Sharon was just as surprised as the man, but Break was just watching the entire exchange in amusement, his lips curling up into a grin.

"She isn't human...right, Break?" the man in black asked.

Break nodded happily, "She's a Chain. Again, she has incredibly keen eyesight. It's best you don't lie to her, Raven. Tell her your real name before she tears your head off."

"I..." he paused hesistantly, taking the cigarette out of his mouth, "...can't tell you my name. In due time, I promise I will though. Just...not now."

He speaks the truth.

You smiled softly, "You guys...

...all seem like an interesting bunch of Contractors."