| Chapter 5 | First One

> Picture of Akahana's Room <

Weeps surround me as I watch people place white roses on my mother's coffin. Small whispers are given as they pass the black container with my mother inside.

My father goes ahead of me as he whispers his own message. Walking right behind my father as the line moves slowly allowing me to stare at the coffin, memories flash through my eyes.

The days she would always cook my favorite food still linger. The day I flipped the table just because I got a mark lower than 90% and how she just laughed it off. The day we went to the amusement park together and how much we ate from all the food booths. The day I had a sleep over party with my friends leaving my house to be a mess adding an angry mother.

Smiling sadly my bangs cover my face as my heart strains that I won't be able to experience these things with her anymore.

"A promise to be myself. A promise to succeed. A promise to love. A promise to....always be with you. No matter what. And no matter when or how. A promise is always kept, as it's the only way I am linked to you. I hope that you're going to be great up there, like you were here." I kiss the flower before placing it down on the coffin.

Minutes pass as people continue to pray and bless to my mother. My father is giving out a pain look as I am left expressionless.

When everyone has said their messages, the coffin begins to lower down as cries continue to fill the air. What's even more nostalgic is that the guy up above is also feeling sad as rain drops down and hits down on Earth.

Why was she taken away when she would leave so many people depressed like this?

~~~~~

I snuggle into the warmth as I wish to feel like this everyday and not experience the cold. But my phone decides to ring earning a low groan from me. Sitting up from my bed, I continue to allow my blanket to wrap around me as I fall off my bed. Moving like a caterpillar to my phone on my desk, I sacrifice one of my hands to leave the warmth. Instantly, the cold air touches it as I grab my phone quickly.

"Hello?" I greet groggily.

"Akahana, baby?" My father voice replies.

Instantly, memories of my name being called that from that dweb come to mind leaving me to shudder.

"Dad, please don't call me that." I plead.

"Why?" He asks curious.

"Just please don't." I beg.

"Okay. Okay. Anyways, get up! It's time for your big day." He chirps.

"Ughhhh." I groan even more louder not wanting to leave my house.

"Akahana, come on, it can't be that bad!" Before he can continue talking, I hang up.

Throwing my phone to the side, I place my hand back into the warmth as I become one with my caterpillar self on the floor. Before I could even begin to relax, my door smashes open including my beautiful balcony window. Men in full suit armor enters in pointing guns everywhere before they spot me getting them to stop and tilt their head in confusion as they lower their guns.

Another figure enters my room as this one removes his helmet revealing my father. He looks around frantically around my room.

"Akahana! Where are you?? Are you okay?" He continues to shout as the soldiers just sweat drop.

One of them tap his shoulder grabbing his attention. The man points his finger towards me getting my father to look down at me. As our eyes met, he becomes super happy before confusion hits him.