| Chapter 4 | Funeral

My legs cross as I look out of the window staring out at the passing landscape.

"Nervous?" My father as he sits across me.

"A bit." I place on a stiff smile.

The black limousine we're taking to the funeral is expensive looking as I try my best not to fidget or even make a mess of it. Most of the inside is made of black leather as it fits around eight people. Connecting the seats together, they make a square which ends a bit early as one corner is open for the door.

"Don't worry, it won't be as nerve wreaking than when you are going to announced to everyone about you being my daughter." He gives a comforting smile.

"You just made me even more nervous." my smile stains even more.

"Oops!" He laughs as I shake my head in disbelief.

Is he really my father?

As the conversation silents down, the car becomes quiet again. He's been trying to start conversations every minute, and every time, I'll somehow take it down. It isn't on purpose, it's just awkward for me to start talking to him. I don't know exactly I should talk to him about as we just met yesterday.

"Sir, we're here." The driver states after rolling down the window.

"Thank you." My father replies as the driver exits.

Before I can open the door, it opens by itself getting me to find out the driver being responsible. Frowning a bit, I just step out before 'thanking' him. He replies with a simple nod.

Looking around my surroundings, I find hundreds of people everywhere wearing black.

 Who knew my mother was this popular? 

Closing my eyes as I push any incoming tears back, I open them when a soft touch on my arm grabs my attention. Looking up, I find my father as he smiles sadly down to me. I do the same before tightening the tie around my neck and following behind him like an apprentice.

"Darling!" A crowd of feminine voices shout grabbing our attention.

Women in all in different ages around mid-30s run over to us crowding my father. Stepping back a bit, my father covers me from getting stomp over as the females throw themselves on him. Behind the women are a crowd of boys as they have their attentions to the adults.

"Honeys!" My father replies chuckling as they try to kiss him.

He looks stress with trying to hold them all back. Looking over to me who's almost glaring at the women and him, he flinches before passing through them all before standing beside me.

"I'll like all of you to meet my apprentice." He states.

"Shion Yamazuki." I greet with a subtly nod before giving a charming smile to the huge crowd before us, "It is an honor to meet such fine ladies, and men."

The women blush as the guys raise an eyebrow in amusement.

"Oh my. Darling, I might just leave you and steal your apprentice as my new husband if I wanted to." One of them giggles as the other agrees getting an invisible arrow to stab through my Dad, "But of course we won't leave you. We do love you."

My father smiles as I feel awkward in the moment.

"We shall get going, Shion and I have to meet my parents and, " He saddens thinking about his wife, "Elizabeth's." 

The women slouches hearing the sadness in his voice and the depression on his face.

"Go on. We'll see you later on." They smile before walking away with their sons behind them.

"Come on,  Shion." He smiles slightly at me before walking off as I put a face of concern before following.

I get that I should also be in depression about this funeral, but I feel like my father is the saddest one out of everyone here. 

I can feel it. It's obvious.

As we head over to a small group made out of four elderly people, they turn their heads towards us.

"Edison, dear!" One of them smiles giving a hug to my dad.

Looking at the seniors, one couple are both quite tall; the man has grey hair with hints of light brown hair peeking out and the same color of light grey-blue eyes as my father's. The woman also has grey hair but with blonde hair peeking out and bright-green eyes. I knew they are my father's parents.

Looking at the the other couple, they both are shorter as the man has dirty brown hair with sea-blue eyes. While the woman has fire-red hair and bright blue eyes. Now seeing them, I know they are my mother's parents but that leaves me to wonder how I retrieve my strawberry-white hair.

Watching my father hug his parents, my mother's parents just smiles gently. I can see the happiness of there eyes for others, but also the sadness of their loss. That's when the woman on my mother's side catches my stare and smiles.

"Who may this be?" She asks with a kind smile as I suddenly start fidgeting not knowing how to not flunk in introducing myself to both my grandparents.

My father smiles heading towards me before placing an arm around me, "This is Elizabeth's and my daughter, Akahana."

They all gasp in shock.

"She had a daughter?" My father's mother asks.

"Why were we never told of this?" My mother's father frowns.

"If only I knew." My father's father shakes his head.

"But why is she dressed up as a boy? And I cute may I add!" My mother's mother points out getting me to blush a bit.

My father chuckles, "I was hoping to hide her identity until tomorrow. I'll be holding a party tomorrow announcing about her appearance."

"It's a pleasure to meet you all." I bow still shy of not knowing what to do.

This isn't like me! 

I should be the cool calm person and just introduce myself properly.

Well you never were a normal person, so it makes sense.

Hey!

They all smile before my mother's mother steps up and places her hand on my arm, "Don't be afraid child. We're glad we finally got a granddaughter instead of having another grandson. You can call me Grandma Reka. If you like."

I smile a bit before nodding. My insides feel warm as I feel the kindness between them all.

"I'm Elizabeth's father. You may call me Grandpa John." He smiles getting another nod.

My head then turns to my father's parents. His mother gives me a hug.

"I'm your father's mother. Call me Grandma Cana, if you like. And that's my husband. He may look strict, but don't let appearances fool you, dear." She smiles earning a small smile from me too before looking over to her husband.

He shakes my hand, "You may call me Grandpa Dan, if you wish."

My heart starts to become a bit lighter. I've always believed that I never had any grandparents. Since mother wanted me to be kept a secret. 

Now, I don't know if I should be thankful or not.

Before I knew it.

A single tear escapes.