Chapter Twenty Nine

Start from the beginning

"Talk of the devil and he shall appear." I teased and he simply snorted in laughter before greeting his parents.

"Sorry I'm late, I got held up us all. Little bird, you need to go get changed into something nice, mom, dad I'll see you later, right?"

I started at the three of them, completely confused before heading upstairs to get changed. It didn't take long for me to put on a nice dress with a cardigan, seeing as it was still cold.

"Hey Alex?" I called down to him and he appeared at the bottom of the stairs.

"Yes, your highness?" He mock bowed and I laughed.

"Do I get to know why I'm being ordered to get dressed up?"

"No." He deadpanned before grinning at me. "It's a surprise. C'mon kiddo, or we're going to be late."

With those words I opted for minimal makeup and slipped on the black flats before rushing downstairs, almost barrelling into Alex who needed to hold me steady so I wouldn't keel over on the floor.

"Steady on." He teased before grabbing a jacket and his keys. "Time to go your highness..." I rolled my eyes as he bowed towards the door, and flicked his ear as I walked past.

"So, how's school been for you?" I shrugged at his question.

"It's been good I suppose. Art is a bit tricky, but I think I've figured out what I'm going to do for that one."

"Do I get to know?" I paused before shaking my head.

"Nope. It's going to be a surprise when we get to display our work to you." He nodded his head in acceptance.

"I think I can deal with that. Also, do you want to start driving lessons this year? I know it'll be easier for you plus it means you don't need to rely on other people so much..." Alex trailed off and I grinned.

"Hell yeah! Does this mean I get to pick out a car? Because I'd love an old vintage kind of car, maybe a classic. But are you serious?" Alex laughed.

"Slow down kiddo. I'm being very serious. You're legally allowed to drive over here, so I think it seems fair. And we can look into getting you one of those cars, but with a good engine that won't break every other day."

I'd almost forgotten that we were going somewhere in the excitement of the possibility of learning to drive, till we pulled up at a really fancy restaurant. I gave Alex a sceptical look and he shrugged, offering me an almost shy grin.

And in the time that I've known him, Alex doesn't do shy.

He didn't say anything a I followed him from the car, curious. And when we entered, I nearly had a heart attack.

"Surprise!" Combined yells of the word caused me to let out a shriek before the shock wore of and I started laughing.

"A surprise party? Really?" I turned to Alex with the biggest grin on my lips.

"With some surprise guests too." I couldn't mistake that accent anywhere and I almost cried when I launched myself at Rosie.

"Holy crap you're actually here!" She laughed as she hugged me tightly, kissing my cheek.

"How can I miss a good surprise? We managed to sort out cover for me so I could make this trip with Molly as well." I glanced up properly then and saw Molly stood just behind her.

I squealed.

It wasn't just Molly and Rosie who were here. Callie, Fletch and the rest of the group were here, the band and crew were as well, Jake and Alex's parents and then there were some more famous faces and I felt my stomach drop as I tried to take it all in.

"Alex are you fucking around here or am I seeing things?" He laughed as he shook his head and steered me towards the group.

"I figured you needed to meet some of my friends as well." He shrugged nonchalantly and I almost died on the spot.

Patrick and Pete from Fall Out Boy were here, chatting with Brendon Urie.

I introduced myself and happily chatted with them for a bit before moving around the room, trying to spend some time with everyone.

Before I knew it, we were settled in the seats for our food and once we'd all eaten, happily chatting between tables, the lights were dimmed and Alex came out from the kitchen with birthday cake in hand.

I'd never gone so red in my life as the entire group began to sing Happy Birthday to me, but I couldn't get rid of my smile, even if I tried.

"Happy birthday little bird!" Alex crowed, kissing the top of my head once the candles were blown out.

Happy Birthday to me indeed. Tomorrow was going to be awesome.

---

Y'all are lucky things. Two updates in a week. I feel kinda proud of myself for that. I'll be trying to upload more often now.

Peace, love n tiger stuff xo