Chapter Twenty Nine

Start from the beginning

"But you-"

"I'm fine." He insisted, poking my cheek gently. "You'll always have questions kiddo, I don't and I won't ever hold that against you."

Once I'd calmed down, we left the room and spent the day with the others, enjoying our last few hours here.

The journey back wasn't nice. It seemed that I got travel sick more easily now which meant that Alex was stopping every now and then. Jake opted to travel with Rian and Cass, claiming that I needed some time with Alex.

I didn't argue with that.

We talked about everything, from how I felt about Clarissa to what I wanted to do and where I wanted to go for College.

Alex was chatting about the touring he'd be doing and I realised he'd be leaving the day before the Spring Dance. And as gutted as I felt, I knew he had a job to do, so we agreed that the only dance that was important was prom next year.

Because we'd left so late in the day and stopped enough times, Alex decided to pull into a roadside motel so we could get some proper rest, plus he didn't want to drive when he was feeling exhausted.

So getting home took longer than anticipated, but when we got home, both of us were feeling a lot better than the night prior.

"Okay, so what's the plans for today?" I asked as we got out of the car. Alex grinned.

"You are staying home for a bit. Mom and Dad are going to drop by later with the dogs. I've got some stuff to do, like get some food and sort out a few things." I pouted at him.

"But I want to do some food shopping." He laughed at my pout.

"We'll go again later in the week, but you need to recover. That was a long journey we've just done." I sighed dramatically and he laughed again. "Always the drama queen. I'll be back before mom and dad get here hopefully."

"Fine." I grumbled and he kissed my cheek before ruffling my hair and disappearing back out of the door.

I decided to use my free time to start drawing my art piece, pulling up some of the picture of the guys playing to work from as well as the photos that Alex had posted of us.

With music playing softly as I worked, I'd truly forgotten how lost I could get in my drawings before the doorbell went off and I glanced at the time before hurrying to answer the door.

Isobel and Peter were stood there with Sebastian and Peyton, just like Alex had said.

But he wasn't here.

"Hi!" I grinned and stepped forward to hug them both.

"Hello dear, how was your trip away?" Isobel asked as I let them into the house. Both dogs bounded through their home, clearly happy to be back.

"It was good, a slight hiccup but we smoothed it out." I grinned as we moved to the living room.

We sat and chatted about the trip till I realised that Alex wasn't here.

"Hey, do you guys know where Alex is? He told me he'd be here before you arrived." They shared a look before shaking their heads at my question.

"We haven't seen him, when did he leave?" I had to think about that.

"Uh, just after ten I think? I've been drawing all day." I admitted sheepishly. Isobel grinned.

"Don't worry love, he'll be home soon." Peter soothed and I returned the smile to both of them.

It was then when a car pulled up into our driveway and the dogs started barking. I couldn't stop my laughter as they launched themselves at Alex when he opened the door.