Chapter 8 - Princess Talia

"What's happening Case?" Blake demanded as he was brought into the video conference, he along with the other allies of Crimson Warriors were anxious and on edge as of recent. Those who had their child stolen were ticking time bombs waiting to go off and those who still had their children were on the brink of insanity, anxious that they could disappear into thin air.

"Do you have new information on the ghost?" Angelo asked, he tried hard to keep the bite out of his voice, but was unsuccessful.

"Yes we do" I answered.

"What is it?"

"Spit it out already Alphas!"

"They are wolves" Caleb stated simply. Silenced descended upon the conference as looks of confusion took over each of their faces before it was replaced by annoyance.

"Wolves? That's it?" Jordan asked, irritation dripping from his voice.

Caleb shook his head, "they aren't just any wolves...they aren't like us. They don't have souls."

"Well that's a given since they're just coming in and snatching up children, please tell us something we don't know" the harshness of Alpha Marcel's sarcasm had Caleb swallowing whatever words were about to come from his lips.

I decided to intervene. "If you'd just listen Marcel then perhaps my mate could explain what he means, if you're not interested in finding your son then have a nice day" I snapped.

Marcel growled lowly as he glared through the screen, I motioned for Caleb to continue which he did. "When I say that they don't have a soul, what I mean is they don't have any humanity, not even a shred of it. They're completely wolf."

"You're saying that some normal everyday wolves that humans hunt in the wild stole our children? That makes no fuckin' sense" Angelo spat.

Fed up, Caleb turned to me, his eyes were ablaze with fury and I could see he was only a second away from smashing the screen to smithereens. "No, Alpha Angelo. The ghosts that stole our children are created, in other words someone took it upon themselves to create a group of werewolves but they discarded the humanity in them which leaves only the shell of a human with a feral wolf inside."

"Created? Someone created them? How?" Blake questioned, his eyes were wide as saucers as he process the information.

"We don't know."

"How do you even know this?" he demanded.

"Caleb and I captured one, with the help of some allies" I replied

"Allies? Surely it's not any of us, so I take it these allies of yours are off record?" Lucas questioned.

"Yes." It would be better to keep Gideon and his friends hidden for now, I didn't need the council of Elders on my back for breaking basic laws.

"So you've come into contact with a ghost...did he tell you where the children are?" the anxiety Jordan's voice held, made me guilty knowing that he'd be disappointed.

"No, he didn't say where the children were...but, he did keep repeating a certain phrase. 'the youngest are easy to fool', I have no idea what it means or if he was mocking us or not but I do think that we could use him to find his creator" I explained.

The sound of something shattering came over the speakers, "dammit!" Alpha Jordan had moved from his seat. I understood his feelings of frustration, but he had to keep it together.

"Please stay calm, I know that you're anxious to get your son back but you need to keep your rational thoughts if we have any hope of finding the children" I told him firmly, there was no time to be having tantrums, staying united was the best chance that we had.