Chapter 11 - His Betrayal

"How unnerving" the Elder rubbed his forehead in frustration, the king and other Alphas had told the Elders everything that they had discovered. Now that they knew who was behind the mysterious new race of wolves, they had a face, now they had a name to go with that face and it wasn't at all who they were expecting.

"Your Majesty, you do know that this will leave a scar on the royal family don't you? Some, if not the majority of our species population will fault your family for what is taking place...the enemies you have may grow and even try to overthrow you with the help of your current enemies" Elder Jane belted out, multiple possibilities of what was to come after the threat they faced was dealt with were racing through her mind. Damage control was a high priority if they wanted to avoid any misgivings.

"I'm aware of that, Elder Jane but I'm not exactly worried about it at the present moment" his majesty himself was quite fed up with the current circumstances and worrying about the future of his position was not something he need added to his plate.

"You should be worried Your Majesty, we're facing the threat of a civil war! If it so happens, our community could take a vote to have you off the throne-"

Before Elder Thomas could finish Tyrone interjected with a growl, "do not jump ahead Elder, what we need to focus on is the missing children."

"Yes, the children...that person...we had hoped never to hear his name spoken again" Elder Kennedy murmured, the mature lady cringed at the thought of the man.

"You Elders won't be the ones going up against him, the Alphas that have had their children taken will be the ones to deal with that bastard, and we'll be sure to finish the job that the previous Alphas and queen before failed to do" Alpha Marcel was clear in his resolve, there was no way that a man as dangerous as Felix Shelton should roam free.

Elder Elias scoffed, "there's no way the chosen can stop what's coming."

Silence descended upon the conference as eyes settled upon Elder Elias; the Alphas had grown rigid at his choice of words, the Alphas of Crimson Warriors in particular. Cassia narrowed her eyes in accusation as she glared at the screen "why is that Elder Elias? We were chosen for a reason were we not? But then again, you don't believe we can do it because you wanted us to believe differently" anger coated her words.

"Not to mention how adamant you were to drill in our heads that this person after our children was to create an Alpha pack...but those were just a bunch of lies..." Caleb shook with fury.

"Those times you've been disappearing, the weird phone calls in the middle of the night, and the strange look in your eyes when we spoke about these ghosts. The way you'd always...always convince us your solution was better..." Elder Kennedy's voice quivered as she spoke, the pieces were falling together. Each pack was in hidden in a remote location on the planet; the only people that knew of the whereabouts were allies of the Alphas, the king, the rogues who were wild creatures at will...and the Elders.

Each one of the six Alphas who had their child stolen had wondered how someone could get in and out of their territory undetected. Three out of the six Alphas were all ranked numbers one to three on the leader board and they too had been bested...now they knew why.

Elder Elias was behind it all, he gave blueprints to an outsider.

"Traitor!" Elder Jane leaped at the culprit within her ranks she immediately tackled him onto the floor where they wrestled with each other. The other Elders sprang into action assisting Elder Jane in her capture...only it wasn't a capture for her at all. As hands restrained the traitor, the fists of an enraged she-wolf were doing their damage.

"Elder Jane, you have to stop...we need answers from him!" Elder Quentin ordered; the man was trying to pry Elder Jane away from Elias. He was almost afraid to touch her having seen the murderous glint her eyes held.

Shit. Shit. Shit!

Everything was just falling to shit! The Alphas didn't bother asking themselves why, they wanted to know how long and when exactly one of their trusted councilors stepped over to the other side. What did he gain from Felix for his betrayal to his entire kind? Was there some leverage that was being used against him?

Cassia and Caleb sat quietly as they observed what had unfolded before their eyes. Caleb had dismissed the thought of a traitor inside his pack but he had not thought of one outside it, Demetri was restless within him, maddened by the betrayal of one of their kind.

"This is absolutely ludicrous...not even Elders can be trusted now!" he whispered as a humorless laugh escaped him. Caleb held his head in his hands while he closed his eyes and took deep breaths to suppress the urge to throw the laptop across the room.

Chaos had erupted from the Alphas; they had all wanted him executed on the spot for betraying their trusts. And on any given day the King would have approved but not in this case.

"Elders, I expect you to get every ounce of information he has out of him, when that's been done he is to be executed immediately. Am I understood?" the chilling voice of the King made the Elders freeze. Elder Jane's earlier words swam within their minds, just like the Felix will leave a scar on the royals; Elias had left one on the council.

During the mayhem caused by the traitorous council member, tragedy had struck. Alarms of the six remaining Alphas that still had their children within their barracks went off. Little Timothy...the son of Alpha Jacobi, Ezra...Alpha Boyd's teenage son, Omar...Alpha Percy's son, Dwayne...Alpha Wade's boy, Jeremiah...the son of Alpha Emmanuel and finally Emery, the pregnant mate of Alpha Lucas. They were all abducted and not one Alpha could stop the enemy from taking what belonged to them.

----------------------------------------

Muahahaha! How'd ya like them apples! 😋 Yet again things have taken a turn and it wasn't what the Alphas were expecting, what will happen now? Let me hear your thoughts my lovelies! Comment, vote, share...thank you for reading!

Until next time

- xoxo T