The Unknown and the New

"Mhmm?" I question sleepily into the phone that has woken me up before lunch time.

"Margo? Did I wake you?" A deep voice asks with some excitement in his voice. Why is he so excited that I'm awake? That's when it hits me who the voice belongs to. I sit up in bed.

"Dad? Hey."

"Did I wake you?" He repeats.

"Yeah just a little." I nod even though he can't see me. Just then my door opens and Lilly and Liz come inside my room and make themselves comfortable.

"Well I just wanted to tell you that I have great news. Are you ready?" I nod again.

"Yeah. What's up?" I ask getting excited myself.

"We're finally stable enough Margo. You get to move back with me. Of course it's up to you if you want to stay with your mom or not..." He trails off. I freeze with my mouth open.

"Wh-what do you mean?" I ask getting confused.

"Well I know you haven't had the best time over there and I finally got stable enough with everything so you can finally move back if you wanted." I raise my eyebrows and run my free hand through my hair.

"Wow. That's great Dad." I didn't know what else to say. Should I move back? Back to a place where I know I'm not wanted by anyone but my dad? Should I stay here where Eli, Lilly, and Dylan were with the possibility of making new friends at a new school?

"Margo?" Dad asks from the other line. I'm snapped out of my daze.

"Yeah Dad?"

"Think about it ok? It's a big decision for you and I don't want you to choose something you might end up regretting."

"Okay Dad."

"Love you kiddo."

"Love you too Dad." He hangs up after and I look at Lilly and Liz. "What are you two doing here?"

"We have school shopping to do." Lilly says in a 'duh' tone. I shake my head vigorously.

"No. No way am I shopping with you again." She rolls her eyes.

"Don't be so dramatic."

"That was your dad calling you right?" Liz asks suddenly. I look over at her and nod slowly. "What did he say?"

"He said I could move back with him if I wanted. That it was my choice." I glance at Lilly and her eyes get wide.

"Your moving? Like away from here? From us? I thought you were bullied back in your home town?"

"I was. But my dad is there. I can't leave him by himself. He doesn't have anyone else unlike Mom does."

"But what about Liz and I? What about your brother and sister and Dylan? You're going to leave all of that behind?"

"I don't know. I haven't decided if I'm staying or leaving yet." I get out of bed and head to the bathroom. When I finish I throw on some athletic shorts and a T-shirt. I grab some running shoes and head downstairs to find some breakfast. Thelma took Eli and Allison out to the park for the day. Mom was out doing who knows what for work.

"Dylan is on his way." Lilly calls as she walks into the kitchen with Liz following.

"Dylan is coming?" I ask. My heart beats faster at the sound of his name.

"Yeah he always comes clothes shopping with us. As long as it's for school at least." I finish off my bowl of cereal as the door opens and closes.

"Friends I'm here!" Dylan calls.