Better To Be Alone Than In Bad Company

The ride to San Diego was only about three hours from Seattle since it didn't have any pit stops. After making my way to get my luggage I text Dad.

Hey Dad! Just landed

Hey kiddo. Mom said there's a chauffer with a sign tht should be pickin u up.

Ok

Pls BE GOOD!

Mhmm -.-

Love u

Love ya! After I send the text I search the airport for a sign with my name on it. After almost fifteen minutes  and I was getting ready to give up I finally found the chauffer. He was dressed in a black suit, dress shoes, and a black tie.

"Hi. I'm Margo." I say pointing to the sign.

"Hello Margo. Mrs. Anderson sent me to collect you. I'll be your chauffer for today."

"Can I know your name?" He looks taken by surprise before recovering to his normal state of a somewhat poker face.

"My name is Bill." I smile.

"Good to know." I say nodding.

"Here, I'll take your suitcase and duffel bag and you take your backpack." He grabs them from my hands and my smile grows.

"Thank you." I say quietly. He nods and we walk in silence. "What is this?" I ask when we get to the car. Or in this case, a limo.

"Is there a problem?"

"What is this?" I repeat.

"A limo?"

"And I'm- I'm supposed to ride in this?" I stutter. He nods. He goes to the back and puts my stuff in the trunk while I stand there stunned.

"Margo aren't you gonna get in?" I look over at Bill. He closes my mouth and I blink.

"Yeah sure." He nods opening the door. I take a step into it before turning back towards him. "But next time, can we just take a regular car? I don't like this fancy stuff. It's a bit overwhelming." He smiles.

"That's a first." Once I get settled in the limo Bill closes the door. The ride to the house was about twenty minutes from the airport. When the car stops Bill comes around and opens the door then goes to the back to grab my stuff.

"Thanks Bill."

"Anytime Margo." He bows a little just as the front door opens and a woman steps out.

"Margo! Honey I've missed you so much!" She runs towards me and embraces me in a tight hug. I stand there paralyzed with my arms stuck to my sides as she squeezes the life out of me.

"Hi." I mumble. She lets go holding me at arms length still gripping my shoulders.

"How are you?" I'm here. Do you really want me to answer that?

"I've been better." I say mumbling again. The door opens again and a kid runs out.

"Mommy! Allison is crying again!" He yells to her pointing to the house. She follows his finger and looks back at me.

"Lets go inside Margo. We'll get someone to get your stuff."

"It's fine. I got it." But she's already heading inside. The kid is still standing there watching me.

"Who are you?" He asks. He's a blonde, with a T-shirt and jeans on. He looks around seven or eight.

"I'm Margo. Your sister."

"Nuh-uh. Allison is my sister."

"No. Im your older sister."

"Well then how come I've never seen you before?" He asks matter of factly.