Three's A Crowd

When we get home from the park I instantly go to the kitchen with Eli on my heels.

"Hungry?" I ask looking in the pantry and cabinets for something to eat.

"Starving. Whatcha makin'?"

"Umm, I guess sandwiches by the looks of it." I say not really finding anything. "Unless you want cereal?"

"Cereal for lunch? That's a breakfast food."

"That's stereotyping. You can have cereal for anytime of day. I do it all the time." I say getting out the stuff for a sandwich. I get four slices of bread, ham, turkey, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, mayo, and mustard.

"No tomatoes." He says. I look up at him with my jaw dropped.

"No toma- are you serious? Tomatoes are the best part! It completely brings the sandwich together!"

"Tomatoes are gross. They aren't even a vegetable. Therefore they aren't needed."

"No but they are a fruit. Therefore needed."

"Not on my sandwich!" He counters back. I huff and start making the sandwiches. After I put the turkey, ham, and cheese on I put it in the microwave to melt the cheese. When it's done I top it with lettuce and pickles, light mayo, and light mustard just like he asked. He goes to the fridge and gets out two apples and sets them down beside me. He gets out a kitchen knife and sets it down for me too.

"You want me to cut our apples into slices?" I ask starting my sandwich.

"To make up for the loss of tomatoes." I smile. I put it in the microwave and when its done I top it with everything like I did Eli's but with tomatoes. He climbs up the countertop to grab two plates.

"Please don't hurt yourself." I mumble.

"I'm fine." He says jumping down.

He puts our sandwiches on the plates and I start cutting the apples into slices.

"We should eat these with caramel." I tell him.

"I thought this was supposed to be a healthy lunch?"

"Well then peanut butter." He nods and smiles and gets out a jar of peanut butter.

"What're we gonna put it in?"

"Nothing. Just dip it."

"You can't just dip it."

"Why not?"

"Cause that's gross!"

"Fine lets waste another plate. But you're washing dishes."

"That's what Thelma is for." Oh right the maid.

"I wouldn't get so used to Thelma. She's only gonna be here for so long."

"Fine. Dipping it is." He huffs. I clean up my mess and join Eli in the stools. We start munching away at our apple slices and sandwiches quietly. When we finish we go upstairs and shower. Eli eventually goes to his room and I check to see if mom is still here. Seeing that she's asleep I close the door quietly and make my way to Allison's room. She's still asleep and I stand there and watch her for a while.

By the time it was around two in the afternoon I was in my room and decided to paint. I don't know what made me start wanting to paint all the time other than Eli asking me to. I lost interest in it along with volleyball and every other thing I held dear.

I got out everything from the bathroom and quietly played music. After painting for a while and getting one of the six characters painted onto the canvas I put everything up and washed all the brushes off. I got out my computer and started watching Netflix. After two or three movies later Eli comes in and tells me it's time for dinner.