I've wanted to do this since I saw him again.

Another stabbing pain is sent through my arm and I wince silently. Brad pulls away and looks at me. "I thought we were supposed to be racing."  Brad says smiling. "Tell you what, I'll buy pizza. I need to go get my pain killers."  I say wincing. "Do you want me to come with you?"  Brad asks concerned. "No, I'll be fine."  I say putting my head down slightly. I feel a warm hand touch my chin, lifting my head up. "Are you sure?"  He asks looking into my eyes. "Yeah."  I say with a smile. "I'll meet you guys in there."  I say walking away.

I walk and turn the corner. "Where are you going?"  James asks as I stand in front of him, Connor and Tristan. "I forgot my pain killers and my arm is killing me. I'm just going home to get them."  I say still holding my arm gently. "Oh, okay. I guessing you're buying pizza."  Connor says. "Yeah, yeah I am."  I say in defeat. "I'll see you guys in there, order a burger and chips for me please."  I say walking past them.

(A/N I've only been to Nando's once because I'm vegetarian so I don't even know if they do meat burgers. I know they do veggie burgers but I'm not sure about meat ones. Can someone let me know please? Please don't hate because I've only been to Nando's once 😥)

I continue to walk until I reach my driveway. I walk up my driveway and open my front door. I go into the kitchen and open the cupboard my pain killers are in. I pour myself a glass of water and take two painkillers. I take the rest of the box just in case it hurts when I'm out.

I reach Nando's and look around trying to find the boys. "Katie!"  I hear a voice shout from to the right of me. I turn and see Brad, Connor, James and Tristan sitting at a table. I walk over to them and sit in between Brad and Connor. "So, did you order for me?"  I ask curious. "No, maybe because NO-ONE has come to give us menus."  James says emphasising on the word 'no-one' . Soon after a waitress comes over and hands us all menus. I know exactly what I'm having so I just wait for everyone to decide what they want. Finally everyone decides and we go up to the counter and tell them what we want to eat and drink. I ordered a burger with chips and a Diet Coke. The girl gives us our glasses and I go and fill mine with the fizzy liquid. I sit back down at table and take a sip of my Diet Coke.

I'm the only one at the table so I stare out the window. "You haven't changed, have you?"  I hear a voice say as they pull a chair out beside me. It's Brad. "What??"  I say puzzled. "Diet Coke."  Brad says pointing to my glass full of the liquid. I laugh slightly. "You haven't changed either with your mineral water."  I say smiling at him. He smiles back. "Katie, I- I"  Brad says but he's cut off by the other boys coming over.

Brad's P.O.V

"Katie, I- I"  I say but I'm cut off by the others coming over. "Is it that hard to work out how to use a machine that fills up glasses with various drinks?"  James says sitting down. "What are you on about?"  I ask oblivious to what he's talking about. "The woman I was stuck behind in the queue took forever to work out how to fill her glass up with Pepsi. When she did find out she spilt it everywhere, leaving the surfaces all sticky."  He says. "Calm down. It's only some Pepsi on a table, not a bucket of lava or something. Not everyone spends their spare time in Nando's."  I say smiling at the last bit.

The waitress soon comes over and places our food in front of us. I tuck into my chicken but all I can look at is Katie.

"I think Brad likes what he sees."  I hear Connor say to James. I break my gaze of Katie and look down at my food. I feel my cheeks heat up and I know instantly I'm blushing. "Look at him getting all embarrassed. Is Bwadley embarrassed?"  James says. "Very funny, very funny indeed."  I say sarcastically. "But seriously though, you two are meant to be together."  James says looking at me and Katie. I look at Katie and her cheeks are a light shade of red. "Are we now?"  She asks smiling. "Well yeah. It's obvious you two are still in love with each other. Brad said it today and you sat next to him during the film knowing you would get scared."  James says putting two and two together. "Actually, Brad sat next to me."  Katie says pointing out the mistake. "Yeah, he did, but you could have moved."  Connor says joining the conversation. "You could tell me a million words about how you don't, but they would all be lies."  James says again.

-

I eat my last mouthful of food and sit back in my chair. We don't bother getting dessert so we stand up and leave. "Just making this clear, no more racing. I'll end up being sick."  I say making things clear. "Same. I've done too much today. I'm supposed to be taking it easy."  Katie says standing next to me. I give my 'leave me and Katie to talk' look to James and he goes ahead of us with the boys. I turn to face Katie and our eyes meet.

She puts her petite hand on my cheek and strokes my face slightly. Her touch giving me shivers. "Brad,"  Katie says looking worried. "I love you."  She says finishing off her sentence. The three words I've wanted to hear again since I saw her. The three words that changed my life. The three words that made me do this: I snake my hand around her waist and bring her closer to me. She moves her hand from my face to my chest and I squeeze her. She lets out a quiet giggle, but I cut her off by crashing my lips against hers. One hand moves from her waist to the back of her neck and I press her body against mine. The kiss was slow and full of passion and meaning. I feel her kiss back and I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. The kiss ends and I need a question to be answered. "Promise me, I won't lose you again."  I say looking into her eyes. "You've never really lost me. I've always been yours."  Katie says smiling. I smile back but the mood is interrupted.

"Ooooo!"  I hear James, Connor and Tristan shout in unison. Katie turns her attention to them and gives them a look that could kill. I see Connor put his hands up in a mock surrender and the others just smile innocently. We break from each other's hold and she puts her hand out for me to take. I accept the gesture and we walk up to the boys. They all look delighted with mine and Katie's situation and James actually gives me a look saying 'well done mate, but don't screw it up again'  I just smile smugly back.

We all eventually reach Katie's driveway but I stop her from going in. "Katie, will you be my girlfriend... again?"  I say with a shaky voice hoping she'll say yes. "Do you really need to ask that question?"  Katie's says breaking her hand from mine and wrapping it around my neck. "Of course."  She says and I give a sigh in relief.

Katie is my girlfriend... again!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bratie is back. YAY! But not for long 😏. Something is going to happen that makes Katie feel like she was being used all along. Sorry 😢. I hope you liked this chapter and if not, I'm sorry you had to read this and if you didn't read it and you're only reading this bit then just leave. Joking! 😀😀. Sorry for the over use of emojis.

James is 22 tomorrow. AHHHHH!  I might do a double update in his honor.   

Please vote/comment 😊

Don't forget to follow.

Bye x

~Juliet~