..... Why did I even open the damn door? I am starting to regret my decision to listen to her.

"And Aura... I never expect her to do something like this! She cheated on Zed! She doesn't even deserve him. Wow, Aura didn't even have a boyfriend before and she did that?! That's so... low" She grimaced. 

"Hey, Aura was mine before-"

"Before you left?!" She asked. "Don't bullshit with me! Aura was never yours. It was only almost yours. You left her and you didn't inform her. Oh gosh, talk about this and I am getting so super pissed than I already am. You left her, you lost your chances. What rights do you have to just waltz in like you're the prince of this country, comes back and steals her away from your best friend?"

I looked at her blankly as she rambles with rage. "How did you even know all this?"

"You forgot her brother's my ex-boyfriend. We have acquaintances" She said.

I sighed and nodded, "I think I have reached my limit today for speaking with you. You need to go. I mean it, Red. I've solved Zed's problem, so don't take things for granted and leave" 

I am tired of hearing this girl talk. She's my friend but she needs to stop. 

************

Aurora Atticus's POV

Zed lifted his head up and looks at me. "Where have you been?" He questioned. 

I froze on the spot, my heart letting the guilt take over, and at the same time, remembering his hurtful words that he had said last night. I tried walking past him to get inside but he blocks my path.

"I asked you where you've been..." His eyes drifted over to my outfit and inspected them, "... You haven't been home?" I shift uncomfortably on the spot. 

To be truthful or to lie?

I looked over to his pained expression and I couldn't help but to be afraid to voice out my real thoughts. What made him look so ragged? What happened in just one night?

"I stayed at a friend's house" I lied. Making no eye contact, afraid of being found out.

"I am sorry, I made you upset." He apologised. "Can I... can I come in?" He asked quietly and I let him in. A soft spot of my heart did what it did. 

"Aura" He started, after we sat awkwardly next to each other on my sofa. "Look, I'm really sorry about last night. I didn't mean to hurt you. I was just stressed with everything... I had problems with the camp sit and I know, it's my fault. I shouldn't have taken it out on you. I am sorry" He looked at me with those doe eyes that was almost pleading.

"What... What happened?" I asked. Was I not understanding towards him?

He explained to me about the campsite, of how his business is going to fail because the government wanted to claim that land to make way for buildings. He could have saved it, but he couldn't. He didn't have the means to. He didn't have the cash to buy that land. If only he could-

I could feel my tears burning my eyes when I realised how thoughtless I was. How child-like I was at handling this situation. He was going through a tough time and I could only care about how cold he was to me. 

"I'm sorry, I should've tried to understand you" I said, trying to control my tears... and Zed is here, pulling me into his arms. I whine when he holds me, because an hour ago, I was at Aomine's house cuddling with me and I feel so so bad for being in another man's arms right now.

"You have nothing to be sorry about. I'm sorry I didn't explain it to you sooner. Please don't cry, Aura" He holds me tight and wipe the tears that's almost flooding out of my eyes.

"I am really sorry" I muttered and repeated. The guilt eating me up. I cheated on him... How could I face him now? I feel so apologetic for what I've done. I don't even know how-

"Just do for me one thing. Stay with me tonight. The last 24 hours were unbearable without you. I shouldn't have told you off. I never meant to chase you away" He regretted and my heart ached for him.

"...I won't.... I won't leave" I agreed, as Zed smiles with relief.

"I'll get you some tissue" Zed excused himself and went to the kitchen open a new box of tissue paper. I sat there on the sofa, numb and my heart torn. I don't even know what I should do anymore. 

My phone buzzes and Aomine's name came up. Quickly, I made sure to read it. Because I was so sure that if Zed sees it, it'll break him.

I stare at the message Aomine had sent, 

I miss you already, Aurora. -Aomine

... And deleted it. 

The same time my heart broke into pieces. 

Because in that moment, I knew I needed to choose.

One out of the two.

**************

a/n

+250 votes for another chapter!

Actually I don't even know why I bothered with the votes because I'll update either way lol. But lets just say it serves as a motivation? Kinda? Thank you guys for reading! Much love xx