Chapter 9

Btw y'all are gonna hate me more.

Also there's a surprise character that you all have probably been wondering about and here he is in this chapter.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Jace

I wake up in the middle of the night to hear a scream. Clary.  I quickly get out of the bed and I run to her room. "Jace!" I hear her scream. I throw open the door to her room and she was gone. 

"Clary!" I yell. "Jace, help me!" I run around the institute trying to find her. I follow her voice. "Clary, I'm coming!" 

"Jace, what's going on?" Isabelle comes out of her room as I  run by it. 

"No time to talk. Clary is in trouble." I keep running and all of her screams stop. "Clary?" I call. I stop in my tracks and I clench my fist. "Dang it!"I slam it into a wall. 

"Jace, what the heck just happened?" Izzy asks in panic.

"I woke up to Clary's scream and when I ran to her room to see if she was there she was gone." I punched the wall again. "I promised to protect her and I couldn't." 

"Jace, you tried to protect her. You ra-" 

"But I wasn't fast enough, Isabelle!"  I turn to face her. "If I had saved her in time she wouldn't be gone right now and she wouldn't be in even more danger. It's all my fault. " I sigh. I wasn't there for Clary when she needed me to save her. I couldn't protect the one thing that made me happy. 

"Izzy, gather everyone in the Institute. Tell them Clary is missing and to meet me in the library. We're going to save Clary." 

Clary

I scream as loud as I can to get help. "Jace, help me!" I scream. I hear him call my name back and I scream louder. "Jace!" My kidnapper runs faster and then places me down.

"Do the teleportation rune." He demands. That voice sounds vaguely familiar. 

"No." I reply in fear of what might happen. 

"Do it, now." He grabs me by the throat and chokes me. "Or else everyone here gets it." A tear slips down my cheek as he lets go. I pull out my stele and I draw the rune on the wall and my kidnapper grabs me by the hand and pulls me through it. I still can't tell who he is, he has a mask on and all I can see are the color of his brown irises. We land in a secluded forest with a medium sized manor and I realized where I was at that very moment. My eyes widen and I start kicking and screaming again. I'm at Valentine's manor.

"No! You can't take me back here!" I scream. My kidnapper drags me into the manor and leads me up to a room. He drags me to the bed and injects me with some type of liquid and I start to feel hazy. 

"This ought to make you shut up for a while." I try to get up but I can't. My body feels heavy and I feel tired. 

My kidnapper heads out of the room and I black out.

"Clary!" My best friend, Simon, calls for me. "Come out, come out wherever you are!" I giggle and I pop out in front of him making him jump. "Jesus, Clary! Don't scare me like that."

"Awe. Is little Simon scared?" I giggle as he blushes.

"No." He grunts.

"Oh, come on, Simon! It was a joke! Relax for once." I sigh. 

He smiles and pats my head. "I'm sorry, Clary. I just have a lot on my mind." 

"Oh? What's wrong?" I look into his eyes and he shakes his head. "It's nothing. Don't worry about it." 

"Simon-" 

"Clary, don't bother I'm not going to tell you." He storms off back into his house. 

I jolt awake and look straight into a pair of brown eyes.

"Valentine wants to see you now." He says. I yawn and he pulls me up. "We have to hurry." I pull my hand back.

"What is your deal?" I glare at him. He says nothing. "Umm, hello? Are you deaf?" He pulls me onto my feet. "Still nothing." I sigh. I stare at the string tied around his head. "Why are you wearing that mask?" I ask. 

"Gosh, you're so annoying." He finally replies. 

"Oh so you do talk." I can see him roll his eyes.

"So what's with that mask on your head?" No reply. "Aaannnddd back to silence." I reach my hand to the string and I pull on it. 

"What is your problem?" He grunts and bends down as the mask falls.

I make him turn his face to me and I gasp. The brown eyes, the dark brown hair, his typival facial features. 

"Simon?"

Hey guys! I am so sorry this is so short but I hope this makes up for the long wait. So anyways that's the chapter. I'm sorry that I've been so friggin busy. I love all of y'all so much! 28.8K views and  991 votes is so amazing. I never expect this to go so far but y'all seem to enjoy it. Thank you all for the support!

Question of the day: Who is your celebrity crush?

Mine: I cannot choose between Ian Somerhalder or Paul Wesley

Thanks again guys!

~Violet~