Forty Seven. Trapped in Her Own Hell

Start from the beginning

"Can this line move any faster," I whined, rocking back on my heels.

"It's taking forever," Briella agreed. "We've been waiting here for almost a hundred thousand years."

"More than a hundred thousand years," I shook my head slowly. "More like a hundred thousand million years."

"Stop being dramatic," Aidan scolded. "It's been five minutes."

"That's still forever," I muttered.

"Do you need to go sit in the car?" He asked with a pointed look.

"Don't patronize me," I snapped, getting a good humored grin in response.

After finally reaching the ticket booth, and getting a stamp with the zoo logo on each one of the backs of our hands, we stepped into the bustling park. The place was packed with a variety of different people. Most of which were screaming kids that were running around closely followed by parents, who had clearly lost all control.

Aidan took Briella's hand and threw me a look. "This is your idea of a good time?"

"Yes it is," I nodded, removing my sunglasses from my head and sliding them on. "And I'm going to have to ask you not to be yourself and damper my good mood."

"I'm not going to make you any promises."

I ignored his comment completely and looked down at Briella. "Where do you want to go first, Brie?"

"The tigers!" She cried immediately and began jumping up and down in excitement. "I want to see the tigers first!"

"Good choice," I giggled and straightened up.

Unfolding the map I had been offered at the ticket booth, I carefully examined the layout of the zoo.

"Do you even know how to read that?" Aidan asked, putting on his sunglasses.

I scoffed. "Of course I know how to read it. I'm not an idiot, Aid."

If that wasn't a lie under God.

I was absolutely awful when it came to reading maps. They were confusing as hell, and more often than not when someone put me in charge of one I had the tendency of getting lost.

It wasn't even my slightly poor sense of direction that was at fault to be quite honest. I'd like to place most of the blame on the mapmakers. There was absolutely no reason for them to make something that was suppose to help an individual so damn difficult.

Of course I wasn't going to tell Aidan that. I didn't want to look totally incompetent in front of him, and anyway it was a zoo map. It wasn't like a person could actually get lost following one of those things.

*Thirty Minutes Later*

"Okay, you know what?" Aidan snatched the map out of my hand. "You have officially lost your map privileges."

"Hey! Give that back," I tried to lunge for it, but Aidan held it high over his head so it was completely out of my reach even if I jumped.

Stupid short problems.

"Not a chance in hell," he pushed me away lightly. "You clearly don't know what you're doing."