Under the moonlight

River's P.O.V
The kiss was seared with passion and love, edged with our lust. Her passion was so cold that it burned  with a slow fire of age. One look and your frozen scared for what is to happen; but wanting more. Her scent mixing in with mine; the crisp of an sour apple lip-balm underlined by the saltiness caramel of her musk drove me insane and kicked up another notch of my hunger, sending my levels past bearable and into the unfocused control of my inner beast; my wolf.

Backing her up gently until we reached the blanket, I bend down and scoop her up in my arms before sitting down; Luna curling immediately into my lap, nuzzling her head under my chin and letting out the faintest of whimpering. Well tonight is going to be slightly different than what I planned... 

"Gods I love you so much it hurts"

"Yeah you do" she whispers back in awe, making my pull my face back some so she could see my look of disbelief, "you know, you're supposed to say it back"

"Why" the question so innocent,

"Why, why? because it's just what you do"

"Don't you already know River? you're my soul, I can't express how far my feelings of love go towards you, any more than I could live without you" 

~The next day~

Luna's P.O.V

The date had gone on really well and I am still fantasizing about what happened in my mind, but I don't mate and tell: all I can say is that, River had really outdone himself with making the night special for me. After our dinner we had chatted until the dark night fell and the chill penetrated our bones. I could feel ourselves opening up to each other like we have never done before and I was able to fully grasp how much he felt about me, with all his love and trust I now feel invincible. 

On the way back River convinced me to let him train me himself and go with me on missions, just so he could reassure himself that I am as safe as possible; couldn't say no to that, right?

"Luna" Stone's voice breaks my reminiscing of the night before "I scent a group of rouges nearby, their crossing through near the valley pass in front of the mountains"

"How many rouges are there?" I reply already getting ready for the undeniable fight to come.

"I'm able to distinguish about eighteen of them" Stone's voice began to echo the further away he moved, "Okay, stay on their trail and I'll make sure the kid's are safe before I come out" no reply, only the feeling of agreement. I trip over the book I was pretending to read as I got the warning and smash straight into River's chest "round up the children into the lounge, I'll get Alicia" I gasp already running down the hallway as soon as my footing had regained it's balance.

"Dev your being put on house guard, Alicia stay with the children. It's a code yellow" I stress before sprinting back through the hose to meet river waiting in his wolf form.

~Flash back~

"Okay, since we can't all talk to each other through pack-link considering not everyone is a shifter, I believe that we should have code's so we can yell that out and know the basics of what's going on" Devon suggested at the end of the protection detail meeting, I leaned back into my chair as I thought it over.

"We could use colours to indicate how serious the treat is; red could mean that the threat is really bad and we should evacuate because the threat is almost upon us, yellow could mean that the treat is nearby and we should all be on alert and finally white could mean that a threat is coming"

"Was that a  sex intendo?" a huge grin spreads across my face at Alicia's slight embarrassed nod, her cheeks turning pink under my laugh "oh yes, your going to do nicely" I gasp out throughout my laughing fit. River waits until my laughing dies down before stating "you sound like an evil villain" which, of course set me into another laughing fit.     

~flash back end~

We ran as fast as I could go with River in his wolf form and I in simple light weight fighting gear, muscles straining as I pant out instructions that Stone gave me through our link. Twenty minutes later we had arrived at the edge of the valley pass; stopping to plan what the best way is to attack.   

Eighteen wolves, eighteen more lives lost in this vicious dog eat dog world, lets just hope that these dogs are weak so that we can put them down easily and return to our home, it will be protected from their grasp. Oh I know that no one is born evil but, these choices that they have made in life has left them stumbling down this path right now; right into my arms. This is my territory you mutts, it's time you prepare to die.

At the end of the valley; River, Stone and I waited with hidden breath as soon as the moon raises high we will strike.

The wait wasn't long before the moon was full and the shadows of our enemies approached. I pulled out my gun with it's silencer and took out what appeared to be the leader with my first shot, panicked chaos rained down as soon the body fell to the ground with a thud and the clouds covered the moon.

I take my second shot as Stone and River spring out from behind the large outcropped rock  and begin to attack from behind. Four down, fourteen more to go. I take another shot and miss, managing only to clip them on the ear. Stone was surround by three of the now shifted wolves as River was surrounded by four, the last of them were searching for me. A few dead wolves lay dead at the boys feet as I move in from the front tarnishing my blades as I go.

By now there is only nine left; all of who have managed to regroup, two tackling me from behind as I slit another's throat. My head smashed against the ground and rebounds back at the asshole on top of me and breaks his nose; the rouge try's to twist my neck. With our already off balance I yank myself sideways to roll away; this gives me the perfect opportunity to stab him in the gut and disembowel him. 

I feel his blood rush out and stick to my side. I roll out of reach and re-arm my gun taking a few more shots while the last few gang up on the boys.

Gun empty I throw one of my knives into one of the rouge wolves head, turning some attention towards me. The rest of the rouges charged at me as the boys finished up the other two rouges; leaving the other three wolves to surround me.

I slash out and slit one's throat as River turns to face me "Luna!" he cry's as Stone howls through my head "Duck!!" immediately I drop to the ground and roll feeling the rouge soar over my head, it's claws clipping my shoulder. River rips the rouge apart as Stone rips out its friends throat. It makes me mad that I was so helpless that the boy's did most of the work.

After checking for more rouges River lays down under the slight outcropping of the rock he had hid behind earlier, well the side that wasn't splatted with blood. It was all over; the rouges were all dead, panting I laid down next to River as Stone transformed back to rest, he deserved it.

"I love you"

"Me too" River replied pulling me closer so that my head was leaning on his arm. 

"Does that mean that you love you, or does that mean that you love me?" it means me right?

"It means that I love you as much back, possibly even more."