Gift of Stone

~Twelve years ago~

{Age 6}

I awake to a lady sitting beside me and a pure white wolf at our feet.
"What happened?" I ask confused as she smiles down at me, her image wavering in and out of focus. "The wolf pup that you saved was scared and attacked you even though you saved it's life" I think for a minute before looking back at her "I'm Luna, who are you?"
"I'm the moonlight on the brightest night, the mother and creator of shifters, I am the goddess of the moon"

"A goddess, what's that?" the lady smiles gently as she begins to stroke the wolfs fur.

"A Goddess is the female version of a God which, in simple terms mean a being of great power that aids in creation and protection; my duties are many and few, but some of the duties I cannot do personally so I need others to do them in my name, their tasks can be harsh and ruthless where only the strongest will survive, they are rewarded of course for their hard work and dedication but not greatly; Luna I would like you to become one of my helpers, I would like you do the job of killing the rogues, the shifters who have gone insane and only see blood as a way to live, a way of life. This work might seem impossible at times and there is a strong chance that your soul will be harmed and you will lose your life along the way, even so will you help me?" her smile was now gone and there was only deadly seriousness in her expression, I think over her question, I could do it and even if I couldn't and got killed no one would care because I was just a foster kid, no one cares about foster kids, but I would have to kill, I can't kill, I cry when a character gets hit on TV.

"I would like too but I can't harm someone, it makes me cry when I see it happens and I'm only six."

She nods her head "I understand Luna, I really do but If I can't find someone to do this job for me there will be terrible consequences, Stone would train you in everything you needed to know and more, he would protect you with his life so that by the time you are older you can do this job for me."

"Okay" I agree and she lets out a relived breath and hugs me. When she lets go she hands over a necklace; it was a dark almost black leather cord with a milky white moonstone pendent that had a wolves head carved upon it in silver and it was surrounded by a dusk grey moon rock.

"This necklace will be able to hold Stone in it when he cannot be in his wolf form, when he is out the silver that is his face will not be there and the moonstone will be blank, that silver will turn into a tattoo like collar on stone, also this necklace is no ordinary necklace; when you wear it you will possess the ability to speak to Stone and any Shifter while they are in their animal form and more. You won't be able to use all the stones powers, only the ones that matches your skill set, so don't expect it to aid you in sneaking if you can't sneak in general. It just enhances your ability. The only one you will always have is the ability to speak to Stone." I nod not really understanding as she passes it over.

I put the necklace on and start to feel dizzy, the moon goddess then leans forward and presses a kiss to my forehead "sleep now little one, Stone will guard you and once you have awakened your new life will await you, many blessings for your future, oh, and only those working under me will be able to see my marking, serve me well Luna" and with that I was laid back down and the moon goddess disappears as I close my eyes and fall into unconsciousness as Stone guards me until I awaken.