12;

Farkle

I looked at my black watch that was wrapped around my wrist. The time was 11:32 pm exact. I was wearing black jeans, a black nike hoodie, and my favourable converse shoes.

I stood by my window wondering if I should sneak out or not. I wanted to go see Riley because I finally talked myself up to asking her to be my girlfriend. I opened the window and walked onto the fire escape.

I decided to get a taxi to Riley's apartment. I got into the passenger seat and greeted the old man who was driving. My hands were shaking and I was tapping my foot.

"Is everything alright there, sir?" The man asked and I looked up surprised at the sudden voice.

"Just nervous that's all." I replied and he shook his head like he understood.

"What's her name?" The man asked.

"How did you know?" I asked and he chuckled a little. I would guess that the man was in his 70's.

"I've seen and felt that emotion that's on your face. Love is magical, when you find it hold it and never let go." He kept his eyes on the road and managed to explain what he meant at the same time.

"Ah, your here." He said. I looked out the window and saw we were at Riley's apartment.

"Here's a twenty." I said taking out a twenty dollar bill but the man refused.

"It was my pleasure, ... Um?" The man put his hand out for me to shake.

"Farkle Minkus." I shook the old man's hand. He smiled at my name.

"Chester Williams." The man replied and I let go of his hand.

I walked up the fire escape to Riley's room. I opened her window quietly and crept in. All of a sudden I feel a hard fist hit me in the jaw causing me to fall over.

"Um... Ouch." I groaned and a lamp was turned on. Riley's jaw dropped and she ran over to me.

"I thought you were a burglar, I'm so sorry!" She said and held my jaw. My jaw was throbbing but of corse I won't say that.

"I'm fine." I said and she shook her head 'no' probably a million times each second. She helped me up and sat me on her bay window.

She left the room and came back a few minutes later with a bag of ice. She placed it on my punched area.

"I'm such an idiot, I'm really sorry..." She apologized again. Her manners really do get annoying sometimes.

"I came here for a reason." I said and she held my jaw up.

"And why is that?" She said and set the bag of ice beside her. Her hands were folded in her lap and I looked down into her beautiful brown eyes.

"We need to talk." I sighed and her face dropped a little bit. I sat there hoping that I wouldn't screw up my life by saying three little words.

"About?" She tucked her hair behind her ear

"Us." I said and she tilted her head a little bit.

Here we go. This feeling has been inside of me for so long, Riley Matthews is the most important thing to me.

"I love you, Riley." I say and her face was blank for a moment so I just decide to keep talking.

"Everything about you I love. The way your hair falls back onto your shoulders, your gorgeous chestnut brown eyes, your perfect body. Riley Matthews I am in love with you and I don't care who knows. I know how I feel when I'm with you and it's surreal. When we were watching those little kids the other day i couldn't help but think about our potential future." I said and her facial expression didn't change at all. Her face was pale and she looked like she just saw a ghost.

"Please tell me you love me back and we can be okay." I said and held her hand. She looked down at our hands

Out of nowhere she grabbed my face gently and kissed me. I held her back and pulled her closer to me. She pulled away leaving a big dopey smile on my face. Her smile was genuine and gorgeous.

"I love you, Farkle." She said and I wanted so badly to stand up and do a million backflips.

"So, are we dating?" She asked and I felt my cheeks get hot.

"Only if you want to." I said

"I want to." She kissed my cheek.

Riley pov

It's the first day at school of me and Farkle dating. We held hands as we walked down the hallway to our lockers. I got a couple dirty looks and stares.

I looked up at Farkle and he was already looking down at me which made me turn a light pink. We stood at my locker.

"So..." I said and he let go of my hand and I shifted my attention to one of Missy's best friends. Her name was Isabella.

"Wow Riley goes so low that she dates boys who got kicked out of their own house." Isabella said from across my locker. I walked over to her and pushed her against the lockers.

"Don't you fu-" I began to say when I felt Farkles hand grab my shoulder.

Isabella's face was full of fear. Everyone's eyes were glued to me. I looked at my hands and looked at Isabella.

"I'm so sorry."

---
A/N: They are a couple, but will Farkle be a bad influence on Riley? You may just have to wait till the next part :)