f o u r t e e n

Vincent POV

I can't believe me and April stayed on the phone all night. Her voice was so beautiful the way she talked. And her laughed was beyond enjoyable to hear. I'm pretty sure I fell asleep and heard her say goodnight to me. Right now, I was fixing me a bowl of cereal when my phone rang. I smiled to see that it was April.

"Hey beautiful."

"Hello Handsome.", she said in the most horrible British accent I've heard. I couldn't stop myself from laughing.

"Are you making fun of my accent?", she said while still doing it and laughing.

"Is it obvious?"

"Very."

"So what are you doing today?"

"I really don't know. How about you?"

"I'm going out of town.", I said barely above a whisper. I should've told April a week ahead of time, but I just couldn't figure out a way to say it to her.

"What?"

"I'm. Going. Out. Of. Town.", I said blandly. There was a long pause and then a big sigh.

"So when we're your gonna tell me?", she said sounding very disappointed. I clenched my jaw, feeling guilty.

"I was gonna tell you earlier but I couldn't find a way to tell you."

"Where are you going?"

"New York. I have an important business trip there."

"How long?"

".... About two weeks.."

"Two weeks?! Vincent what the fuck!", that was the first time ever I heard April yell and cuss and I kind of liked it. After that, the line went dead and I was gonna pay her visit before my flight leaves.

April POV

I can't believe Vincent is leaving to New York for two weeks and didn't even have the nerve to tell me. I couldn't go a day with out him, and I don't know what I would do, being home by myself. I hung up on him because I didn't want to hear the apologies, and no I'm not mad at him, just highly disappointed. I just expected more from him, that's all. No big deal. Just deal with it April. I know I couldn't stop him from going, so I just left it at that.

I was in the living room watching tv when I heard a knock on the door. It was almost nearly 7:00 in the morning and I was really tired. Opening the door, I saw a familiar face. My face lit up and I pulled him into a hug.

"Vincent! I though you left already?", I said while pulling away.

"No not yet. I had to pay my girl a visit first.", he said sending off a wink which made my knees go weak. God he was such a charmer. He walked in grabbing me by my waist and shutting the door with his foot. He leaned in and gave me a peck on the lips. I frowned at him and he started to chuckle.

"What was that?", I said smiling putting my hands on my hips with attitude. He shrug his shoulders, and before I knew it he picked me up and started making love to my lips. My back was being pushed against the wall, and I ran my hands through his curly hair. I moaned between his lips and it seemed to make him more forceful with the kiss. I smiled against his lips and he pulled away with our foreheads touching.

"I'm gonna miss you April."

"I'm gonna miss you too Vincent.", we stood there for a hot second catching our breaths until he pulled me into another deepened kiss. He put his hands by my shirt and started to lift it up before I suddenly stopped him.