7

Originally published: April 14, 2016
Another chapter that has been edited to not be so rushed.

Devon's POV

"Connor..."

He looks away from me and begins shaking as a sob racks through his body. I look at the scars on his arm. Some looked old, some looked more recent. "Why'd you do this?" He started to sob harder. "Because... No one likes me. I-i should just-"

"No. You're wrong. I like you." I lifted his arm to my lips and kissed his scars. He slight calms down and looks at me in disbelief. "Y-you..." I nod and lean away from his arm.

"Don't think things like that, Connor. You have me now." I lean in and kiss his forehead. He looks a bit taken aback but eventually just wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me close to him . I wrap my arms around him as well and hold him close to me. "T-thank you, Devon." He says in between sniffles. "Of course, Connor. I'm here for you."

We pull away from each other after a while. His face was flushed and he was blushing lightly. I smile and pull him into another hug. "You're so cute." He giggles. I walk us over to his bed and lay us down. I grab his hand.

"So, What are you going to do about your father?" I ask. He shrugs. "I don't know. But I know that if I stay here then it's going to keep happening." He laces his fingers with mine. "You could stay at my place." I suggest.

"Really?" I nod. "Yeah." He smiles. "I'll get my things packed up then and come over in the morning. He probably won't be happy if I leave tonight." I nod in understanding. "I'll help you pack then."

I helped him get everything packed up and sat his suitcase at his bedroom door. I also helped him clean and bandage his cuts and injuries. We walked downstairs, quietly to the front door. His dad was in the living room on the couch not paying one lick of attention. To absorbed in his beer. Looking at him made me pissed off.

"I should probably get going then. I'll see you at school Tomorrow right, Connor?" I ask. He nods. "Good," I smile and kiss his forehead one more time. "See ya."