Chapter 13: The Tamer and the Tamed

Start from the beginning

Noble was forced to watch as Raja was torn apart and put back together in his own body. With his various noises of painful grunts and hostile growls, he had attracted a crowd watching at a distance.

"Lilla . . . I'm sorry!" Raja gasped out, and Noble's heart broke in millions of pieces. The ritual was forcing him into waves of agonizing pain, and the first name he screams is his sister's. He screams for the sibling he thinks is dead, but is questionable alive down where he lived. His sister lived under Noble's nose for his whole life, and he didn't know. He didn't know she was alive taking care of his own sister.

Sam.

Noble had been so caught up in his troubles that he had completely forgotten his own sister. The picture of her tear-stained face was permanently etched in his mind. God, she must be so scared, Noble thought, Mom isn't there. I'm not there.

She may even be dead. Noble ceased the thought, unable for himself to bring it to light. It was too painful to think such a thing, especially for a little girl. Noble was going to make it up to her by getting her out of the village if it was still there.

With so many thought consuming flickers, Noble was snapped back with a roar about breaking his ear drums. Noble shook away all the bad thoughts to focus on the important parts he currently needed to resolve. Raja wasn't in his human form no longer. A ferocious cat worthy of comparing to a dragon hissed at the many warriors threatening spears at him. The first trait Noble noticed was his claws. They had grown to the size worthy of scaring children for months. His teeth sharper, almost snapping at one of the poor wolves. His identical mark still stained his white fur black in recognition.

"Someone get someone to tame this damn cat," Barked on of the wolves, "Or we're going to have to handle him with the alpha."

Raja snapped again, effectively wounding one of the soldiers. His friend snapped, throwing what looked like a sharp head spear. Raja bid no attention to the measly weapon and snapped it in half.

"Get him under control!"

At this words, somehow, someway, Noble found the strength to escape the strong alpha's grip. Leaving the surprised alpha in the dust, Noble darted into the crowd, pushing past the crowd as gently as he could without hurting anyone. As soon as he entered the circle for good, he was almost whipped by the lion's tail. Raja had grown in size, almost beating a dragon's torso.

With a brave face, Noble jumped in front of defending wolves, almost being bit by his lion. Raja was surprised by the intruder, his brain instantly recognizing that it was Noble. His growling ceased, and his offensive stance relaxed. The giant lion lowered his head and nuzzled Noble's chest loving, almost as if nothing had ever happened in the first place. Noble felt a few gasps around him by the distanced crowd now dispersing. Noble only did what he could, and rubbed Raja's ears and below his chin, earning a purr.

"That's right, my kitten, calm down." Noble whispered, lightly kissing the top of Raja's nose, "What got you all rustled up?"

"There will be many trails as your changes will not end with just the ones now," Obora appeared out of nowhere, surprising them both once again. What turned their heads was the backpack in her hands . . . and a saddle in the other, "Sadly, I must say that this is my final complaint about you, I'm afraid. I have done all that I can for you, Fallen Tamer, but this is the time where you choose your own path."

"Why do you call me the 'Fallen Tamer', huh?" Noble questioned with a curious frown.

Obora's smile faltered, "I have fulfilled my role in your ascent, Fallen Tamer, but you must find that out for yourself. I have promised not to disclose information to you, my child."