To the beautiful Jung Ho Seok:

Thank you. Thank you for being there when no one else was. For giving me hope. For making it seem like there was an escape. For having fun with me while it lasted.

Remember the first time we met? At the diner. Our diner. You were sitting in a booth all by yourself, sipping on a strawberry milkshake. You looked so pretty, so stunning. I was in awe that someone so beautiful existed. But your expression was bored, as if you were looking for something to do. When I first approached you and said hello, you glared at me. I introduced myself and sat across from you to steal a drink of your shake. I told you that we could go on adventures together to distract ourselves from our shitty town. Surprisingly, you agreed. Since then we never separated.

Until now, that is. You probably went looking for me, wondering if I was playing a game. I'm sorry. It wasn't a game. I know I told you that we'd escape together, but I just couldn't hold on any longer. It was too much, and it seemed like we would never escape.

Though I've now moved on to a better place, I don't want to see you just yet. I'm watching over you, and I want you to succeed in escaping. You deserve to live large, tell our story, and experience the world. I'm sorry I couldn't give that to you.

I love you.

-Emma

"I love you too, but I've already experienced the world. You were my world."

•unedited