When Ho Seok woke up, sand in his dark locks and all over his body, Emma wasn't right next to him. A few beer bottles rested in the sand next to him as a reminder of the many drinks they'd had together until their vision blurred and their thoughts buzzed. Their time together that night had been euphoric and filled with deep conversations, even while intoxicated. His mind played the feelings of her fingers trailing along his jawline gently, over and over again. She was just here. I'm sure she's still in town and had something to do.

Ho Seok sat up, ruffling the sand out his hair and dusting it off of his torso. "Guess I better go find her," he mumbled to himself. Heaving himself up onto his feet, he felt his head spin. Hangover. It didn't matter; he was more than used to it. He ran home--well, not really home since he was never there--and grabbed his bike.

For the next several hours, Ho Seok rode frantically around town in search of Emma.
The first places he checked were, of course, their favorite hangouts. The diner, the gas station, the pier, the vape shop, even that abandoned little cottage that they made into their home.

Emma was no where to be found, and Ho Seok was in hysterics without his love.

•unedited