Chapter 16- The Lovely Chat & Flying Balls

Depuis le début

“Shut up!” I shoved him away, “You don't know a thing about me & I don't know a thing about you,” I jumped off the desk, strolled over to the open door of the classroom, trying to keep my cool, and turned around to him, “And I'm gonna keep it that way,” I walked out of the room and headed to P.E.

“So what happened?” Claire squealed for the details as we started off with a game of volleyball in P.E.

“Nothing,” I stated as I over-hand served the volleyball with a loud SMACK, almost hitting Nicole on the other side of the net.

“Yess!” The team cheered as I got us a point.

“Well judging from the force you put onto that serve and almost hitting Nicole, I'm pretty sure it wasn't nothing.” Claire summed up.

I served the ball, harder this time, giving my team another point. “I'm telling you, it was seriously nothing,”

“Okay fine, but you owe me some explanation about the disowning thing.” Claire was too stubborn to walk away with no information.

“Sure, deal.” I dove for the ball that was about to hit the ground.

“Nice save,” A rather sweet Korean guy with black Justin Bieber flippy hair and caramel brown eyes complimented.

“Thanks,” I smiled.

“Have you ever been on a volleyball team? Because you're pretty good.”

I laughed, “No not really. I've only placed it twice in my life.”

“Wow, you're a natural.” He stated. I set the volleyball and he spiked it, hard. Which I gotta admit was pretty hot.

“You're not so bad yourself,” I stated, very impressed.

“Naw, only when I wanna impress cute girls.” He winked.

“Smooth,” I complimented his player game.

“It's a gift, what can I say,” He praised himself. However, he didn't notice the ball coming directly towards his..face... He fell back and cowered in pain.

I quickly went over to him, “Are you okay?!” I questioned and gently touched his face.

“Ow,” He flinched, “Careful, Chesa.”

“Sorry..uh, what's your name?” I asked.

“I'm Ben Kepler,” He answered as I helped him up.

“Oh, how do you know my name?”

Ben laughed, “Everyone here knows who you are Chesa. Remember? The assembly,”

“Oh, yeah, kinda forgot.” I practically face-palmed myself.

“It's okay. You're forgetfulness makes you look cuter,” Ben smirked. God, this guy really knows how to flirt & he's seriously cute.

Suddenly the ball came and hit him again.

I looked up at the person who spiked it to see Chris.

“Sorry dude,” Chris fake apologized. “Next time pay attention and you won't get hit again,”

“Wow, real mature,” I helped Ben up and walked away. Ben sat out for the rest of the game to ice his face, which pretty much the color of a cherry now.

“He's kinda cute,” Claire winked at me.

“Yeah, but not the kind of guy I'd date,” I continued with the game.

“If you don't wan him I'll have him,” Claire smiled. I just laughed at the comment. Finally Summer came into the game. Of course the first thing she started talking to me about was the 'lovely chat' Chris & I had after our first class.

“Chesa, he didn't hurt you or anything for almost killing Nicole during class?” Summer asked, her voice full of concern.

I chuckled softly, “Trust me, I would've done more harm on him than he would on me if that happened.”

Summer smiled, “Well that's a relief. I think.” Claire, Summer, and I laughed.

Suddenly, a ball came hurling towards us; however it stopped right in front of our faces. The ball hovered as the wind currents around it made it twirl in the air. I looked up to see who our savior was. It was none other than Tyler, the air element guy.

“Now Nicole, that wasn't really fair if you threw it at them with that much force and they weren't even paying attention,” Tyler kindly stated.

“Whatever. It's their faults for not paying attention,” Nicole huffed.

He smiled at us with he bright white smile which made his illuminating green eyes pop out more, “Sorry for my cousin's behavior.”

I pointed at him, “You're,” then I pointed at Nicole, “her cousin?”

His melodic laugh filled the air as he explained, “Yes, our mom's are sisters,”

“But...” I started off, “how can someone as nice as you be related to someone as wicked as her..”

Suddenly a fireball directly past me, about an inch away from my face.

“Hey what was that for?!?” I yelled across to the other court.

“I can hear you know!” Nicole's eyes flaring with rage, “I'm not deaf,”

“Dang, calm yourself. It's not like it's not true,” I mumbled to myself. I was guessing it wasn't quiet enough because Tyler laughed.

“Well either way, sorry for the trouble my cousin has caused you,” He apologized.

“No it's alright. It's not your fault. But thanks for apologizing anyway,”

“No problem,” He smiled and looked over at Summer. He strode over to her.

“Are you okay?” Tyler asked her with worry written all over his face, “I'm hoping the ball didn't hit you or anything,”

Summer just shyly shook her head and whispered, “No, I'm fine. Thanks for asking.”

He grinned and patted her head, “Anything for cute shorty like you,” Tyler winked at her before he left, leaving Summer nervous and baffled.

Claire had a huge pout on her face.

“What's wrong?!” Summer and I asked her.

“How come you two are the only ones getting hit on?! And all the guys that hit on you two are cute! WAHH!” Claire began to complain. Summer and I just laughed and Claire began to join along.