4

A N N A

I had just gotten home from Kristoff's house when I saw dad come from Elsa's room and lock her door.

"Dad? What's going on?" I asked.

"Nothing sweetheart. Just go to your room. Everything is fine. Elsa is just grounded." My dad said.

"What? Why? What did she do?" I asked, worried about Elsa. She has been acting strange lately.

"She went out with some guy." He said.

"Oh Jack! He is wonderful isn't he?" I said, hoping Elsa had fun on her date.

"Uh, yeah." Dad said, walking off to his room.

As I was walking to my room, I passed Elsa's door and heard her crying. I'll have to check on her later.

I went to my room and put on some sweat pants and a Harry Potter t-shirt. After sitting at my desk and drawing for a while, I decided to go check on Elsa. Once dad goes in his room, he doesn't come out till he has to go to work.

So I walked over to Elsa's room and quietly knocked on her door.

"Elsa?" I asked unlocking her door.

"Can I come in?"

After a moment of silence, I heard her quietly give me permission. I opened the door, and wasn't expecting to see what I saw.

E L S A

Anna opened the door and gasped once she saw me. She closed the door behind her and ran over to me.

"What happened? Oh my god are you okay? Why is Jack here? Who did this to you? Did Jack do it?" Anna kept asking questions. I just hid my face in Jack's chest.

"Um..." was all I said before going mute again.

"Well, I took her out on a date, your dad wasn't very happy about it. He called her a slut so I quickly took her away. We had a great time and all, but when I brought her home your dad dragged her in here and, and..." Jack stopped, catching his breath, looking at me for approval to continue. I nodded slightly.

"Your dad beat up Elsa and raped her." Jack managed to get out before choking on a sob.

Anna looked between me and Jack. Jack crying quietly while I stared blankly at a wall.

"He did that? How long has this been going on? Why didn't you tell me?" Anna asked.

"I-I didn't w-want you to get h-hurt. And um, it's b-been going on s-since I was a-a f-freshman." I said the last part much quieter.

"Oh my god!" Anna cried. She wrapped her arms around me and Jack hugged me closer.

"Alright, that's it. Both of you are moving in with me. I don't care what your dad and mom say. Neither of you are safe now that you know." Jack said.

"But what about mom? She can't be left here!" Anna said.

"She's drunk and sleeping half the time so I don't think it would matter." I said quietly, anger moving into my voice.

"Alright. Anna, go pack whatever you can. I'll pack Elsa's things." Jack said.

Anna nodded and quietly walk out of my room.

Not even 15 minutes later, Jack had packed most of my clothes and I gathered some personal things. Anna came in with most of her clothes packed and her drawing folder filled with her pictures she keeps on her wall.

"Okay, let's go." Jack said grabbing my things. We all quietly walked down the stairs and out the front door. It didn't take but a minute to get to Jack's front door.

"I'm home mom!" Jack shouted once opening the door.

A short lady with short brunette hair walked around the corner.

"Hi sweetie! How was your d-" Jack's mother said before noticing my sister and I standing in the doorway.

"Oh my goodness what happened?" Jack's mom said quickly rushing over to me and pulling me to the couch.

"Um, something came up at Elsa and Anna's house so I told them they are going to live here. Is that alright mom? If not the I will find somewhere on my own to live. I won't let them go back home." Jack said, tears brimming his eyes.

"Oh yes of course! They are welcome to stay here." Jack's mom said giving us both a hug.

"I'm going to make some tea. It will make you feel better." Jack's mom said.

"Thank you Mrs. Frost." I said.

"Oh call me Jill." She said with a smile.

While Jill went to make tea, Jack showed Anna the guest room. Anna unpacked her things and Jack took me to his room.

I sat on his bed while he unpacked my things.

"I can do that you know." I said.

"No. You are going to sit and rest. I don't want you to get more hurt than you already are." Jack said holding my face in his hands.

I nodded my head and watched him hang my clothes up.

I sat and looked through my diary. I looked back at the writing from when I first got it. All of them happy memories.

Jill walked in and handed me a cup of tea.

I thanked her and she walked out.

I can't drink this. It will make me fat.

I stared at the cup like it was going to kill me.

"Elsa? What's wrong?" Jack asked and sat beside me.

"Um.." I said.

"Why don't you eat or drink anything? I've noticed for the past several years. You don't eat lunch, you didn't drink your milkshake, and now the tea. Please, drink this. It will warm you up." Jack said.

How has he noticed? I only first talked to him yesterday. Has he been watching me this whole time?

"Alright." I said quietly. I took a sip of the tea. Then another. Then another. Before I could realize what I was doing, I had drank the entire cup.

"Thank you." Jack said and kissed my forehead. I smiled.

Jack grabbed the cup and took it downstairs. I grabbed my diary and sat in the window seat.

Dear diary,
Yesterday, I met a boy. Well, I finally talked to that boy. His name is Jack. And right now, I think he is the best thing that has happened to me.

I looked up from my diary and smiled.

I think I love Jack.

That thought made me smile more.

"What are you smiling about?" Jack asked with a little laugh.

"Oh. Nothing." I said quietly and hugged my diary.

I felt a pair of lips on mine and continued to kiss back. Jack pulled me onto his lap so we could be closer. Our lips moved in sync, like we were one person. Jack carefully cupped my face in his hands while I kept my hands on his chest.

We pulled apart and Jack rested his forehead on mine. We sat and looked into each other's eyes. It's like we can read each other when looking in them.

"I think we should get some sleep." Jack said after a moment.

"Alright." I said.

Jack kissed me on my cheek and I smiled.

I looked out the window and towards my room.

I didn't know what I thought I would see, but I didn't expect to see him.

My dad, staring right at me. He held up a sign that said:

You WILL be punished!