Chapter 25: 8 months

Start from the beginning

I laugh grabbing Sam hand guiding him out the front door .
"Bye Riley !" Sam waves.
Riley waves sadly in return.

Don't worry baby girl, I'm still legally your guardian I'll see you soon.

"And I'm taking the pizza!, and this snack!!" Veronica says putting three snacks on top the box then opening the fridge taking wine and grabbing up pepper jack cheese pack with her mouth quickly leaving the house

I start the car laughing way to hard waiting for her to get in and drive off quickly .
"She's gonna sue," I laugh
"She needs to 'sue' back in her weave ," she says opening a bag of Doritos.

* Current time *

The party starts in an hour , Sam and Veronica is still sleeping , damn lazy asses .
After Riley's birthday a couple of weeks after is the Asia trip , last job for Stephen then I'm gone off to university far away as possible from Ayesha.

By the time I finish bathing they woke. Veronica looking like she was sleep walking following Sam to the kitchen. Sam who looked very cheerful grinned at me. "Morning Aunty !, it's Riley's birthday!" He shouts making Veronica groan.

"Boy , if you don't stop screaming !-"she throws some cereal in his Hulk bout sitting on the stool.

She really isn't a morning person, not at all.

I laugh walking to my room which I occasionally share with Sam . Hmm what to wear.

After shuffling through my clothes for 3 minutes I got an outfit . Turquoise  crop tank top, white jeans and my black heels. I flat ironed my hair yesterday so I decided to leave it down today .

When I stepped out the room I spot Veronica combing back Sam hair slicking it down . I'm very surprised she's already showered and in a towel , Sam whom I'm even more surprised about was fully dressed.

When Veronica saw me her mouth dropped .
"You look hot!, damn way to make Steph hungry," I roll my eyes blushing at the compliment.

"Whatever , hurry and get dressed!"
She puts down the comb and give me a look that I knew was bad news.
"Well......I'm not going but Sam is he'll keep you-"
"Veronica please no, I can't do this-"
She walks over to me leaving sam to go to the kitchen.

"listen Mya," she puts a hand on my shoulder ."your gonna be fine " she removes it.
"Fuck Ayesha and Stephen , it's Riley's day forget them . Just slay on they ass . If anything you have me on speed dial ," she tells me taking up my phone from the coffee table where I left it .

I sign nodding holding my head higher. She's right ! It's Riley's day .
"Okay,"
"Good !,hurry up and goooo your 20 minutes late!"

She says handing me my hand bag then shoving me towards the door .
"Sam!!, aunty is leaving !!"she screams making me winch.
She yells to much but she's the best friend anybody could wish for.

Bad thing is she can't stay in the U.S. Forever . She actually lives in Dubai, cool right?
Sam comes running full speed to me actually thinking I'd leave him . Believe me buddy I need you there more than you think .

I pick him up exiting the apartment, Veronica comes by the door waving at us as we walk down the hall to the stairs.
"Bye mama !"
"Byeeee."