Eight

Samantha

3:46 AM
Luke: Samantha we need to talk meet me at Starbucks at 12

It was 10 a.m and I had just woken up and noticed the text from Luke. I was confused considering I hadn't talked to Luke by myself since before Brittany and him stared dating. I was honestly so confused. What could he possibly want that was so important as to text me at three in the morning?

Sam: I'll be there, you owe me a coffee though and an explanation

Luke: got it, just be here please

Okay so Luke being this desperate for something was not usual, something was up. I knew I just had to go, plus I mean, free coffee.

I chose I random top and a pair of skinny jeans with a hole on my left knee. Typical Saturday outfit.

***

It was exactly 12:05 by the time I made it to Starbucks and I could see Luke through the window. This was so unusual for me considering me and Luke hadn't talked in so long, why did he want to meet up now?

I walked in, went to the booth he was at and broke the concentration he had on his phone.

"BOO!" I whisper shouted into his ear.

"Holy crap," He looked up towards me and smiled, "I thought you wouldn't come."

"I wouldn't ditch a friend like that. Plus I was promised caffeine."

"Here you go, a tall vanilla frappé with whipped cream, and I got you a brownie, too." He said as he passed over the food.

"Oh wow, um okay. You want something don't you?" I asked suspiciously.

"Well yes," Luke sighed, "but it's something that would benefit both of us, but I also wanted to apologize to you." He looked at me with a serious expression.

"Enlighten me," I said with a questioning voice.

"Well first of all, I'd like to apologize for how I've been ever since me and Brittany started dating, I don't know what goes over me when she's with me, it's like she controls me and I have no choice. Also, I'm sorry I didn't tell you guys that we were dating. She didn't necessarily want people to know," he trailed off slightly.

"Okay first of all Luke, you don't have to explain. I know how Brittany is. She can put anyone under her spell, and she also gets so worried about what people think. I guess you were attracted to her and you couldn't see the real Brittany." I shrugged, not really knowing if what I was saying made any sense.

"Yeah, I guess you're right."

We stayed silent for a little bit, just eating our food peacefully.

"So," I broke the silence, "you said this benefited both of us?"

"Oh right! Okay, so in case you didn't notice, I don't really like Brittany anymore an-" Luke stopped talking and looked at me weirdly.

"Wait, you already knew that Brittany and I were dating?"

My eyes widened. "Um, yeah, sorta. You see, I figured this out when I saw you two kissing."