Just Barely

Chapter 6: Just Barely

You're home. No need to worry anymore.

The girl sprung up with a gasp, her chest pounded as she looked at her surroundings. Her memory was blank. She was with Sitka and his family—Sitka. The blonde looked to her lap seeing Bellamy's messy hair. His hand was gently placed over hers, fingers slightly intertwined. She slid it out gently she placed it on his tracing circles. There was a soft smile on her lips, she hadn't seen him sleep peacefully in a while. His slumber had pulled her out of panicking, although she has mostly excepted what had happened. There was no changing the past.

The door suddenly opened and in walked Abby. She was cleaned up, they must've gotten the water working. Cora thought despite everything happening she really just wanted a nice long, a little to hot, shower. As the mother of one of the three leaders walked in Bellamy sat up looking around. His hair was a messy fluff and with a soft grin she effortlessly fixed it.

He looked at the girl who was currently fixing his hair. With an airy laugh he grinned at the girl. "How are you feeling?" He asked knowing that now she was just playing with it.

"Like I got hit with a bag of potatoes." He cracked a grin as she leaned back against some pillows. "Passed out from exhaustion right?"

"That's what Doctor Griffin said." He responded rubbing his eyes.

"Wow mother and daughter alike who knew," he chuckled as Abby walked over with a smile handing her a glass of water.

"Good to see you're feeling better." Abby commented as she drank most of the glass. "You can clean yourself up a bit if you'd like." The blonde nodded swinging her legs off the side of the bed. "But Cora," The woman paused as she got to her feet. "When you're done, we'll have to ask you some questions."

"I guessed that." She nodded walking towards the woman leading the way.

As one door closed, another opened. A tall man wearing a guard uniform rested his hands on his side. "Blake, how is she."

"She'll be okay." He spoke watching as Abby walked back over. "What are you gonna do about Finn?"

"That's something for the council to worry about," Abby responded remaking the bed, Alex went to help.

"He's my friend, but I'm not gonna deny the fact that he did murder 18 grounders."

Before she could respond a blonde with wet hair walked out, "19, he murdered 19 unarmed people." She spoke jumping into a pair of jeans, the walls were very thin. Grabbing a pair of boots she walked barefoot her feet making soft pats against the cold floor. "And what are you gonna do about him. It's not like you wanna kill him, but he did murder 19 unarmed people."

"Cora," Alex caught her attention.

She nodded with a hint of an eye roll, "Right, it's not my place." She laced up the boots grabbing her jacket off the bin by at the end of the bed.

"Where are you going?" Alex questioned as the blonde slid pass him and Bellamy grabbing her bow and quiver.

"Outside," she huffed a laugh untucking her hair from her collar. "Or am I on lockdown?"

"You can go," Abby spoke up. "But Cora, please don't try anything stupid."

"Can't promise nothing." She spoke strolling out of the door. Bellamy sighed reluctantly following her out the door. "Hey big boob you decided to come."

"Where are we going?"

"Raven. Maybe her and some engineer buddies can help me with my bow problem."