Welcome to the New Age

Chapter 1: Welcome to the New Age

Pain. That was the last thing she remembered. Pain. That was the first thing she felt upon waking up. Hands wrapped around her neck causing her aching body to burn with more agony than before. Her tense arms stretched out as far as possible trying to find something to grab and bash into the head of her villain. Nothing, nothing at all. Get her off you. A voice floated in her mind.

She torqued her hips tossing her and the faceless girl pinning her down onto the ground. The brunette released as Cora let out a small cry her side aching. They desperately fought over trying to get on top of one another as a throbbing pain flooded her veins. The mysterious girl quickly scrambled to her knees watching as the blonde crawled away desperately. Her hands latched onto the Cora's ankles aggressively pulling her back flipping her over as well.

Cora cried out again her throat burning in its raw state. The girl let off her fury into Cora's face, all at once the blonde felt a rush of adrenaline surge through her body and quickly reached up pulling the girl off by her hair almost throwing her in anger. She scrambled to get up quickly pinning the brunette and began feeling every piece of rage exploit from beneath her scabbed knuckles to release the anger on the girls face.

Punch after punch it felt as if she couldn't let go of it all in just this sitting. Blood coated the unknowns' cheeks not from the punches as much as Cora's broken knuckles. The brunette, who was much healthier than the blonde, drove her fist in to the side of the blonde, her healing wound hit as she shouted out in agony. The blonde curled over holding her side, in result she tried to pull herself away. The girl with a deadly grip latched onto Cora's ankles pulling her back into her reach. The attack started again before a voice shouted out causing the warrior to look up.

It was a foreign tongue to the blonde but it had stopped the beating, which she was restful for. They spoke back and forth the girl on top of Cora shouting in anger. Meanwhile the other voice happened to be a woman's, she was calm and composed. After what seemed like minutes of arguing the younger girl left. "Get up." The words were solid as the woman stood in the doorway of the room. "If you can mentally and physically push yourself and my kin off of a table. You can get up."  She spoke roughly watching as the girl pushed herself up on to her knees, she paused a moment regaining her breath.

The adrenaline had faded and moving had physically hurt her. She exhaled once more before using a great amount of energy to push herself up. "Who are you?" She asked, quickly wincing hearing her own unfamiliar voice. It was as if she was getting over a terrible cold, she could possibly consume a whole bag of cough drops and have no change.

"My name is Scarlett, my people attacked yours a day ago, you escaped of sorts. Do you remember any of this?" The woman spoke in a comforting tone, it sounded like Abby's when she used her medical-motherly voice.

Cora nodded curtly not wanting to speak again, she examined the woman. She was short, had hair that was cut to her shoulders, her eyes were a hazel with a blue firework exploding from her iris. "Good. What's your name?"

She attempted to clear her throat feeling a burning sensation, "Cora."

"You are of the sky people no?"

"No," she shot back quickly, "I am of the 100, most of the people in the sky don't favor some of my crimes." Breath Cora. She mentally regained strength. "I'm what you'd call a trouble maker."

The woman only grinned and walked out of the room. "Come with me." Cora watched as she left before pacing her walk to catch up to the woman. Her stride was tall for such a short woman. She was muscular, but not in an unattractive way. They walked out into a dining room like area. Dimly lit, but had a long table with candles illuminating the food and seats. The blonde quickly saw there was more than just empty seats, there was people, living breathing people sitting and getting ready to dine.