Chapter 17, Final

"Anzu, Otogi-san. Honda-kun! Ohiyo!" Yuugi called happily. It had been months since he and Jounouchi had seen Atem and Seto, but they had spoken to them over the phone almost every evening when the two boys came home from school.

"Ohiyo, Yuugi. Where's Jounouchi-kun?" Honda asked, looking around. Yuugi grinned.

"He found a cat on the way here and took it back to Jii-chan's. He should be here soon." He answered. The taller male seemed satisfied with his answer and turned to talk to the shorter, bandana-clad boy. Anzu frowned;

"I know were all friends here, but don't you think they're a bit too friendly?"

"In what way, Anzu-tachi?" Yuugi frowned.

"Well, not to gossip or anything, but I saw them holding hands a couple of days ago when I was at the mall. They looked really..." She paused as if saying the next word would kill her if she said it, "Gay."

"Happy?" Yuugi asked, slightly annoyed. Anzu frowned;

"No, Queer."

"Strange?"

"Jesus Yuugi! Homose-!"

She was caught off guard by Jounouchi as he came running up to the school gates.

"I'm sorry I'm late, I found a cat on the road and carried it back to Yuugi's grandfathers house."

He and Honda began talking and all five of the high-schoolers started into the school.

The morning classes went by smoothly and there were no outbursts from Jounouchi about Puppies when he started to doze off, or weekend homework, or detentions, just a calm friday. Well, until lunch;

"It's the last day of school!" Jounouchi cried, standing up on one of the desks in the classroom.

"Yeah! We're free for a while!" Honda exclaimed, climbing upon his desk and pulling Otogi along. Anzu turned back to Yuugi.

"See!? Gay!" She pointed to the other boys. Yuugi sighed.

"Why does it matter, Anzu-tachi?"

She gave him a funny look.

"Yuugi, I can't be seen with gay friends! What will everyone else say! It would ruin my image."

Yuugi's brow furrowed.

"What does that mean?"

"If I'm going to go to America to dance, when I become famous I don't want people to look back to my high school days and find out I had gay friends! What would the magazines say!?"

"I never knew you felt that way Masaki-kun." Yuugi said sadly, "I'm afraid that we can't be friends anymore."

She looked down at him.

"Yuugi, you can't be...!"

He looked up at her with his big eyes before smiling sadly with a laugh.

"Yeah, I met someone."

Honda, Otogi and Jounouchi all gathered around the desk when Anzu gasped dramatically.

"Whats the deal?" asked Hiroto as Jounouchi and Otogi nodded.

"Yuugi's gay...!" she gasped. Jounouchi laughed.

"Oh, ya didn't know?" He asked. Honda's face had brightened up a little;

"So we're not the only ones!"

"Not at all, Honda-kun! We all are!"

Anzu stood in her chair and strode quickly from the room. It only took a moment to over look her departure.