Chapter 3

Welcome! By the way, Yami is more around the size of a blackbird. :3

~Enjoy

It was decided that Jounouchi would stay in the spare room next to Yuugi's, and he would be bought all new things. A new bed, and new wardrobe, new books, new toiletries because he would need them, and even brand new text books. Yuugi had tried to help with the moving as well as he could, but he had been forgotten towards the end and left to sit with the animals. Not that he minded of course, he loved spending time with Yami… and Kai. Interestingly enough, when he had woken up this morning Yami, who was sleeping next to his head on the bed, had grown a few golden feathers that stuck up in different directions. Kai, on the other hand, hadn't changed at all. He was still only paying attention to Jounouchi and ignoring the others. Except the times he would bat at Yami half-heartedly, which he was doing now.

"Hey, Stop that Kai." Yuugi chided, picking up the bird and setting his on his shoulder before heading into the kitchen. If he wasn't doing anything, then he would fix something for those who were. Rice balls were a good snack, and Yuugi could make those easily. So he did, starting by setting the rice cooker on the counter and filling it. After adding the water, he set it to 'cook' and went to the fridge, pulling out the wet cat food for Kai. He put some on a small plate and set it on the counter. Yuugi then opened the pantry and pulled out the seed mixture he'd made just the day before, and pulled out a handful for Yami and set them near the cat's food. Yami happily hopped off Yuugi's shoulder and hobbled over to eat.

"Jii-chan, Jounouchi-kun, I brought you two something to eat." Yuugi called from the stairs before starting up them.

"Thank you, Yuugi." Sugoroku said, taking one of the rice triangles from the platter and taking a bite.

"Yeah, thanks Yuugi. You'll make a good housewife someday!" Jounouchi joked, also taking a onigiri. Yuugi flinched.

"That's not funny, Jounouchi-kun! I'm a boy y'know!" He cried, taking a rice ball for himself and making his way back downstairs to clean. His bare feet padded quietly against the wooden floor and stairs as he made his way back into the living room.

"Ah! Yuugi, there you are!"

The young teen nearly jumped out of his skin.

"A-Anzu! You scared me! When did you get here?" He asked, clutching his shirt with one hand. She giggled.

"We all came just now, the rest are in the store. Can we come in?"

Yuugi thought about this for a moment before answering.

"Yes, of course. Please bring them in! I'm making lunch, so you're all welcome to eat."

Hiroto, Ryugi, and Anzu were all sitting in the living room talking as Yuugi and Yami putzed around in the kitchen. Yami rode in Yuugi's hair as he prepared several helpings of curry in a pot. The pot was large and stood almost as tall as Yuugi's shoulders on the stove. Humming as he stirred, Yuugi turned down the heat and stepped away from the stove to climb on the counter and pull down some plates.

"Yuugi, do you need some help?"

The plates clattered to the floor and shattered upon contact with the hardwood floor, Yuugi hitting the same floor not moments afterward. Yami let out a panicked squeak and landed sloppily on Yuugi's chest and let out a seemingly pleading little noise.

"Yuugi, Are you okay!?" Anzu asked, staying in her place near the doorway.

Yuugi sat up extremely slowly, making no move to respond. His right side, which he had landed on, had pieces of porcelain embedded in it, although none of them were very deep. Honda and Otogi were now at the doorway as well, and they watched quietly before stepping around the shattered pieces to aid the now slightly stunned teen. They lifted him up, one under each shoulder, and lifted the now slightly bloody boy from the floor and carried him to the downstairs bathroom. The couple set him down on the toilet and left to clean up the floor and inform Yuugi's grandfather of what had happened.

"Yuugi…"

The teen looked up from where he was sitting; he didn't recognize that voice, nor the form that was standing in the bathroom doorway. Whoever they were, they weren't much taller than him, but they had the same style of hair.

"Who are you?" He asked. He had hit his head on the floor pretty hard, maybe he was hallucinating? The figure smiled and stepped closer, into the light. Now that Yuugi saw the man, he could tell a few things. Like; whoever this man was, he was extremely handsome, and he was only a few years older than himself.

"I'll tell you later, for now, hold out your arm." He replied. His voice was soft and mellow, yet masculine. Sensing no danger, Yuugi complied and held his arm out for the stranger, who took it gently into his own hands and began to pull out the small shards of porcelain. The younger teen flinched in pain, but didn't make a move to pull away. The older star-headed teen continued to pull out the shards until they were gone, before looking up to Yuugi's face.

"First aid kit?"

Yuugi nodded toward the cabinet, a blush on his face. This man truly was gorgeous. A chuckle escaped the man's lips as he leaned over and pulled out the kit before opening it on the bathroom counter. He pulled out a sanitizing wipe and opened it quickly before unfolding the small cloth and running it gently over Yuugi's arm and up into his sleeve. Yuugi flinched.

"W-what are you doing!?"

"Calm down, it's only a precaution. You could have pieces stuck there too, you did fall pretty hard."

"Wait… how did you get in here? Who are you? How did you know I fell-?"

The stranger put his finger over Yuugi's lips and shook his head.

"I'm sorry little one. Later, I promise. We will meet again."

"Yuugi! Are you okay!?"

"Calm down, Jounouchi-kun, I'm fine. " Yuugi assured, standing. He couldn't remember where the man had gone. He had stood to check Yuugi's head for injuries, then when Yuugi had turned around, he was gone.

"Anzu and the others left, they told us to tell you to take care."

Yuugi looked up, awoken from his thoughts.

"Oh. Thank you Jii-chan." Yuugi replied with a small smile. The gesture didn't touch his eyes, though no one noticed as he pushed past and went upstairs to his bedroom, closing the door behind him.

"Yuu?"

Yuugi looked around, searching for what made the noise. Then he saw it, him more like, Yami was perched on the desk near the window looking at him. An actual smile played across the young teen's face.

"Yami, what are you doing over there?"

The bird virtually smiled as it flew over and landed on Yuugi's shoulder, nuzzling his face.

"Waiting for you, little one."

The author would like to thank you for your continued support. Your review has been posted.