Chap 7 - Hyacinths

I ended up putting the bouquet of buttercups back into the locker we had rented out, telling Hoseok to remind me to grab them again when we were ready the leave. The four of us were heading away from the games and towards the other end of the park, where a very large group of teenagers were hanging out, dancing and eating to the most recent (and awful) songs on the radio.

Hoseok and I trailed behind the two boys, who were slowly getting further and further away from us, whispering animatedly to each other. A part of me was curious to know what they appeared to be arguing about, but Hoseok insisted on talking to me about my admirer.

"Who do you think it could be?" he pressed eagerly, clutching my wrist roughly and leaving an unintentional red mark. I gave a small squeal of pain and I ripped my hand out of his, slapping his shoulder hard. He reprimanded me, a playful glare upon his features.

"I don't know, Hobi," I said, frustrated. "I'll be honest with you and say that I had an idea, but now I realize it couldn't possibly be him." I didn't mention the fact that my idea was Taehyung, but he had been with Hoseok in the hamster balls when I went to our locker. I was grateful that Hoseok dropped the subject.

"Alright, alright," he said, putting his hands up in defeat. "Moving on from that sensitive subject... I noticed you and Namjoon getting cozy earlier." He looked at me knowingly, a smirk tugging his lips upwards.

"Nah," I said coolly. "Namjoon and I? We're just friends."

"Alright," he said, although I could tell that he was skeptical. In all honesty, the only reason he was dropping that subject was because we had caught up with the boys, who were stopped at the edge of the grassy square that kids were dancing in.

"So, I don't about you lot, but I'm going to be snogging with that beautiful boy over there for the next hour or so," Hoseok said, pointing at a blond boy, who was texting on his phone over by the refreshments. He winked at the three of us before swaying over to him. I glanced over at Namjoon, who was attempting to hold back laughter, and then at Taehyung, who was glaring at the boy Hoseok was now speaking to with so much malice, I was surprised he didn't have steam coming out of his ears.

He looked down at me then, and I didn't even notice that I was actually smiling at Taehyung's jealous face--and not because I thought it was cute. Really, I thought it was because the jealousy was directed at Hoseok, but that made no sense. I had a crush on Taehyung, didn't I?

I did.

"Would you care to dance, Seokjin?" he asked me, holding out his hand. I narrowed my eyes at him, trying to force my stomach to explode with butterflies, trying to feel something, but to no avail. I accepted his offer, lacing my hand into his, and he led me to the middle of the dance floor--or ground, that's probably a better suited name.

Though I couldn't deny that Taehyung was a fantastic dancer, I could deny that I was. I had probably stepped on his feet countless times in the five minutes that we had been twirling around, and eventually, Taehyung laughed comfortably and began simply stepping from side to side. I shot him a grateful grin, which he returned.

"So Seokjin," he started off. "How's the admirer search going?"

I shrugged slightly. "Not really anywhere. Hell, Taehyung, I haven't even thought of anyone it could be... mostly I've just been going to Namjoon and he's been decoding the flower meanings. But the messages this kid is leaving just makes me more confused."

"Ah," Taehyung nodded in understanding. "I know it must be frustrating. But on the bright side, someone likes you enough to spend an incredible amount of time and energy and money on this. That's gotta count for something, right?"